Photo

SpartaDOS X 4.48

304 replies to this topic

#301 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 3,958 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:32 PM

which is kind of where you can see my understanding that trailing comments could be a problem and in the count... true or not that's how it appeared to me....

#302 flashjazzcat OFFLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 13,377 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:42 PM

I would imagine the problem with line length happens long before the parsing phase. If the CP asks the system for an EOL-terminated line of no more than 64 characters and it's > 64 characters long, a truncated record is the result.

#303 fujidude OFFLINE  

fujidude

River Patroller

• 4,972 posts

Posted Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:14 PM

The following batch file generates a "File not found" error, so I think we may conclude that white space ahead of the semicolon is disallowed:

; comment
      ; comment
Page 115 of the manual says:

Seems to work as per the description, although one could argue that the "skipped line" behaviour is inconsistent with the fact that comments may have leading space if placed after parsed commands.

Not to mention the fact that actual parsed commands are allowed to have leading spaces, and in fact the manual and disk based code examples are rife with such examples.  Since the parser has no problems doing that, it would seem that it could function very well to just look for anything valid (pre spacing or not), and then just ignore the rest once a ; is found.  I guess that's how I was thinking it was intended to work but maybe not.  I'm not complaining here.  I'm put it forward because I thought DLT probably didn't intend for that behavior.  If they did/do, then no harm either.  I can easily work around by keeping semi-colons in the 1st column and just indenting the rest of the comments.

#304 trub OFFLINE  

trub

Chopper Commander

• 146 posts

Posted Thu Mar 1, 2018 1:22 AM

I agree that spaces before the semicolon should be ignored. In fact the same question applies to '-' starting a batch file or '#' for executing EXE programs (with X.COM). So we have to resolve this in the upcoming releases.

#305 fujidude OFFLINE  

fujidude

River Patroller

• 4,972 posts

Posted Mon Mar 5, 2018 3:30 PM

I've discovered a possible bug in XLESS from the toolkit, SDX 4.49c.  I noticed a lot of text based files I was trying to view with it would go bonkers.  That is to say not display correctly, and even get caught in some kind of endless loop.  I'll attach an .ATR with a couple of examples.  Note, that the LESS program has no trouble properly displaying the same files.

Attached File  xlessbug.atr   90.02KB   6 downloads

Edited by fujidude, Mon Mar 5, 2018 3:31 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users