IGNORED

White label Basketball/Baseball

Hi guys, I am brand new to the forums. A little background about me, I'm 43 and my kids bought me a Intellivision flashback for Christmas 2015. This gave me the bug to start playing and collecting again.

After months of searching I found my original Intellivision (I think I got it Chritmas1980ish) in a box in my old house. Unfortunately, the unit does not work(powers up but juts has a black screen) but going through the original carts I found "white label" Basketball

Then I saw this ebay listing that claims its rare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302008081781

Is it rare? I have the cart , manual and overlays but no box.

I also have white label World Championship Baseball and Treasure of Tarmin.

This is a picture of my original well used and loved collection. I kept no boxes but have many of the manuals and overlays. Any info on these carts would be appreciated as this is my new passion. Thanks! (:

post-47304-0-35272200-1469634014_thumb.jpg

Edited by xSeriesMan
  • Like 1

Very nice group of games. The white label basketball is likely more rare than the original Mattel basketball (same game) but people seem to value it no different, I could be wrong. In my experience the white label Treasure of Tarmin is easier to find than the original Mattel version. Your "world series baseball" is a different game than the original baseball and worth more.

You'll find lots of crazy things on ebay, best to check items that have sold for value purposes. Here's a couple of rarity/price guides.

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/intellivision-rarity-price-guide

http://www.rarityguide.com/intellivision_view.php

See here for general information.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/178390-intellivision-inforesourcesfaq/

edit:

people here will be very happy to answer any other questions you may have

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

First of all, welcome to the forums and welcome back to the Intellivision. We are decently passionate about it and this place is full of resources if you need info on repair, collecting, gaming, rarity, pricing, modern homebrew games, etc.

Some white labeled games (the later INTV Corp Super Pro titles) can be valuable, but usually a white labeled game that previously existed as a Mattel game (like Basketball) don't fetch much of a premium since they are often quite common. Of course there are exceptions, but that Basketball is way overpriced. Complete in good condition, it's maybe worth $20. The loose cart maybe $1-2.

Edit: Man, I wish I still had my childhood Intellivision games. By the end I only had loose carts and a few overlays, but I'd love to look through it now. I gave it all to a friend when I was in high school.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

Guys thanks so much! Great info! I was so pumped when I found my old games. Most of my old toys(NES, transformers and GI Joe) got thrown out by my mom, but somehow the Intellivision survived Moms purging. :-D If you don't mind, I have a couple follow up questions.

Are white label games generally later "INTV Corporation" games? Also I bought the "NBA Basketball" varainet in box at a local retro game store. I noticed that the cart and and overlays were made in Hong Kong verses USA like the rest of my games. Who made these? Mattel , Sears, INTV? Do you know how the Honk Kong games fit into the timeline/story. Thanks again!

Edited by xSeriesMan

Guys thanks so much! Great info! I was so pumped when I found my old games. Most of my old toys(NES, transformers and GI Joe) got thrown out by my mom, but somehow the Intellivision survived Moms purging. :-D If you don't mind, I have a couple follow up questions.

Are white label games generally later "INTV Corporation" games? Also I bought the "NBA Basketball" varainet in box at a local retro game store. I noticed that the cart and and overlays were made in Hong Kong verses USA like the rest of my games. Who made these? Mattel , Sears, INTV? Do you know how the Honk Kong games fit into the timeline/story. Thanks again!

Maybe she couldn't throw out that LV Roulette : )

When Mattel Electronics closed, their assets were bought out and resold, and sometimes there was some reprinting (without the Mattel name). This was prior to INTV and known as Intellivision Inc. Mattel had manufacturing in both the US and Hong Kong, typically US games went to the US market and the Hong Kong games went everywhere else including Canada. But few games had overlays made in Hong Kong, most Hong Kong games had overlays made in US. It looks like at some point they closed Hong Kong manufacturing as later Mattel games were made in the US, Singapore, and maybe Taiwan.

INTV info at intellivisionlives.com

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/intv.shtml#comments

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

Maybe she couldn't throw out that LV Roulette : )

When Mattel Electronics closed, their assets were bought out and resold, and sometimes there was some reprinting (without the Mattel name). This was prior to INTV and known as Intellivision Inc. Mattel had manufacturing in both the US and Hong Kong, typically US games went to the US market and the Hong Kong games went everywhere else including Canada. But few games had overlays made in Hong Kong, most Hong Kong games had overlays made in US. It looks like at some point they closed Hong Kong manufacturing as later Mattel games were made in the US, Singapore, and maybe Taiwan.

INTV info at intellivisionlives.com

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/intv.shtml#comments

Thanks! So funny, my son was asking "hey dad, why is your copy of LV Roulette in such pristine shape." I didn't remember until we popped it in and played. We juts looked at each other, with no explanation necessary. Lol. btw, I hope I didn't juts offend any LV Roulette fans...I am new and feel free to set me straight. (:

Welcome to the forums! It's great that you've got the chance to re-ignite your love for Intellivision. Even better, you're passing it along to your progeny!

At the risk of self-promotion, you can find listings of variations for boxes, manuals, etc. for quite a few games here:

http://intvfunhouse.com/games/

And those lists are missing a number of things! We need to chain cmart to a scanner down in his secret underground lair and not allow him to leave until he's sent every scrap of info to me. Then I'm sure everyone here will donate enough to the worthy cause of my comfortable retirement so I can focus exclusively on updating the website. :P

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums! It's great that you've got the chance to re-ignite your love for Intellivision. Even better, you're passing it along to your progeny!

At the risk of self-promotion, you can find listings of variations for boxes, manuals, etc. for quite a few games here:

And those lists are missing a number of things! We need to chain cmart to a scanner down in his secret underground lair and not allow him to leave until he's sent every scrap of info to me. Then I'm sure everyone here will donate enough to the worthy cause of my comfortable retirement so I can focus exclusively on updating the website. :P

Lol! Are you up to date with the ones that I've already sent? :)

I have a ton more on their way plus that new variation from the producer none of us have ever heard of before.

Thanks guys. Loving the links! I also have been getting some great info from the intellivisionary podcast.

http://intellivisionaries.com/

Welcome to the best part of the whole interwebz! As you've already discovered there are lots of friendly and helpful folks here that are happy to help build out your collection. I wouldn't even considering buying stuff off of eBay until you'd hit the group here up as I'm sure lots of guys have tons of extras they'd be willing to part with for very reasonable prices.

As for the Intellivisionaries podcast you have so many hours of awesomeness to catch up on...although I might suggest skipping forward to EP27 as I heard it's life changing. :)

• Like 3

Welcome to the best part of the whole interwebz! As you've already discovered there are lots of friendly and helpful folks here that are happy to help build out your collection. I wouldn't even considering buying stuff off of eBay until you'd hit the group here up as I'm sure lots of guys have tons of extras they'd be willing to part with for very reasonable prices.

As for the Intellivisionaries podcast you have so many hours of awesomeness to catch up on...although I might suggest skipping forward to EP27 as I heard it's life changing. :)

No only would I not pay a penny for that episode, I wouldn't pay a farthing. :P

• Like 1

Great site intsteve! it was fun looking through while listening to the intellivisionarieslas baseball episode last night. Also, downloaded and printed my missing manuals World Championship Baseball and Treasure of Tarmin. Do you need copies of manuals missing from your site? If so, I will keep a look out for them. Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum! As a former (but longish-time) iSeries guy, I take great offense at your nick/avatar, and challenge you to a duel!

(Quick, before those pSeries jerks wander by!)

Duel accepted "basketball style" per this thread.

Do I need to tell you which one of us is is Darth Vader? (: