IGNORED

Problem with David Bohlke's "Blocked" on a XEGS

All,

I am very (and I mean VERY) new to programming, and have a sort of a newb question. After typing in the game "Blocked" from ANALOG's very first issue, I found that it starts up. But once the joystick's fire button is pushed, the game plays for a split second, but then crashes back to BASIC with an ERROR 12 message. The line in question is line 210. Here it is:

210 X=L1:Y=L2:GOSUB D+20

I am assuming line 410 will also need to be fixed, because it is for player 2's joystick and has the same line, but with R instead of L. Any input on how to correct this error to get the game to play? I understand that the XEGS uses an updated BASIC, so I am curious if the problem stems from that? Any help would be appreciated, and I am sure the answer may be obvious, but like I said, I am brand new to programming and I am trying to figure it out step by step! :)

If you need to view the whole type-in program, it is at AtariMania under their magazine section. It's ANALOG issue #1, page 15 of the magazine (actual page 17 of the PDF). Thanks for any help you provide to this newbie programmer!

@SumerNivek

Since I had no Analog software disk 01-1981, I had to type-in the short listing. The game runs fine with no bugs.

I think you made a typo. Check your lines with the typed in attached listing or load the game from the ATR imaged provided by rdea6 .

The typed in game is attached as basic LST format,

Thank you rdea6 , You are always there when someone needs help.

madi

BLOCKED.LST

Edited by Madi