IGNORED

New Musick Program

Sinphaltimus

Musick v1.1 final. I may adjust somethings as I go along but this project is completed. I can take the analog out and feed it through all sorts of pedals and effects and that's just about all I ever wanted this for (a live performance on original unmodded hardware). :) Next project is going to deal with audio also but this time we mess with speech!

Included in the ZIP is a text file of the code written in ti-99/4a Extended BASIC, the same as a FIAD file for emulation and a wav file for use with actual hardware with tape drive. I will post a demo sometime later this week as I want to run it on the hardware and have run of out time this weekend.

Have fun, I know I will!

If not for anything else, it's useful to see call sound settings displayed in realtime as you play with your keyboard.

Designed to run on less than 13k.

On screen instructions and easy to figure out displays.
I will update this in a few weeks with line by line comments if anyone is interested.

Known Bugs: Part of the word SLIDE is missing and the word Tremolo is missing for the Physch-D Tremolo fx.

Musickx1.1.zip

• Like 2

Musickv1.2.zip

New Version 1.2 - Bug fixes - Psych-D Tremolo graphic fixed. Tremolo frequency up/down function fixed. No longer switches to Psych-D Tremolo.

Known Issues: the word KEYS disappeared from the GUI, not worried about this but I will look in to it. I ran out of ram at one point and the program quit with an out of memory error. Not sure how to trouble shoot this as it's the first time I've seen it. Dunno what's causing it. Promise to dig deeper. The error occured in the middle of raising the frequency way up high during a tremolo fx using the ] key. I think I held the key too long and perhaps it was storing the key press hold in ram somehow. This brings up another known issue, you should hear the tone as the frequency is adjusted during a tremolo fx. It shouldn't go silent.

So apparently there's more work to do. After loading the program and doing a "size" I find I have just over 3 k free ram. Hope I can do this...

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Thanks, I had a much more elaborate GUI until I realized my real world limitations. It's my first go at Extended Basic and I'm not entirely done yet due to some imperfections that shouldn't be. I'm also starting to read about the TI's Assembly Language. I'm not done with XB by any means. Just having fun as long as it is. :)

If you're interested in seeing this take place and the original GUI concept to completion, here's a link to my FB thread where it is happening.

https://www.facebook.com/SExmortus/posts/10206543271892515

13599779_10206608764449788_2275825937059

• Like 1

Very nice.

The RF modulator was being a pain in the butt and I could not get the computer video signal to work at all. :( A quick google search and I discover that the TI puts out composite Audio and Video (RCA jacks). All I have to do was cut the cable from the computer just before the rf converter and solder in A/V plugs.

13716038_10206543268572432_5830213218950

Looking good.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, I'm going to continue to make improvements to performance and size for a few more versions until I think it's really done and glitch free. Then I'm going to start on another audio project with the TI. I really want to do something with speech next.

• Like 1

New Version 1.3 - Fixed GUI elements not displaying correctly. Some code optimizing gave me back 10 bytes! Probably more to come.

Known Issues: Need to fix the tone as the frequency is adjusted during a tremolo fx. It shouldn't go silent.

Included in the zip is a wav file, fiad file and plain text of the Program.

EDIT Fixed 10k to 10 bytes

Musick v1.3.zip

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Musickv1.6.zip

***FINAL***

Unless you find something wrong for me to fix or some tips and advice for using less code, this is it. All bugs fixed, all features working as originally intended.

Musick v1.6 FINAL

FIXED:
Out of memory while sliding Tremolo or Psych-D Tremolo( Adjusting Note Frequency with [])
Tremolo no longer goes silent during slide ( Adjusting Note Frequency with [])
Physchodelic Tremolo FX (Psych-D Tremolo) now sounds distinctly different and more weird than the standard Tremolo effect.

I can say this is done, but one of you may find something broken which would require a fix so go and play.

Special Note: This program runs on an unmodified TI-99/4a with 16k ram and Extended Basic.
To really have fun with this, run in an overclocked emulator such as Classic99 with CPU throttle enabled.
Setting to Maximum causes some inputs to go undetected on occasion. Try CPU overdrive instead.

The zip file contains a wave file for loading on to a tape for original hardware, a fiad file for an emulator and a text file for manual entry or copy/paste.

Please share.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 4