IGNORED

Atari 400 sound mod for UAV?

Woo! I got one! It works quite nicely.

post-36974-0-04587100-1473626984_thumb.jpg

L to R: Bryan's UAV, orpheuswaking's 400 Audio Mod, and a LEGO 1x6 plate for scale (I couldn't find my ruler).

The SIO sound is maybe a little quiet, but that might be because of a lot of things: my crappy monitor, the cheap grabber clips I used so I could hurry up and test it, the only tape I could find that has SIO sound (Invitation to Programming 1), or my deteriorating hearing.

Conclusion: It's adorable and functional. I love it! Thanks to everyone who made it possible!

It was also very nice to meet orpheuswaking at the VCF. He gave me a tour of his display and explained a bunch things I'd hadn't seen before.

-Joe

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed the show. The SIO audio is a little quieter than some other machines. We played with a number of different combinations to boost it a little but ultimately this was the best compromise.

I'll be interested to see your machine once you get her running. Maybe you can bring the 400 to the show next year... The plan is to keep expanding the Atari area :D so the more the merrier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally in a position to sell these.

$12.00 shipped in the USA

$10.00 + actual shipping international

I have 8 ready to go and have plenty of parts to make more.

Payment via Paypal gift, Will come shipped in a padded envelope with instructions

To order PM me here, I will take orders this week and ship out next Saturday the 18th. (if you have previously expressed interest in the thread or sent me a PM please send a new message)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has any troubles installing or needs help identifying where to hookup components please let me know. I neglected to circle hookup points on the photo I sent assuming everyone knew their way around a 400. I realize that that may not be the case.

Also I ran my audio out to a monitor jack. If you are running a separate audio cable don't forget to ground it.

• Like 1

If anyone has any troubles installing or needs help identifying where to hookup components please let me know. I neglected to circle hookup points on the photo I sent assuming everyone knew their way around a 400. I realize that that may not be the case.

If you don't mind posting a pic, please do. My eyes thank you!

• 1 month later...

Excellent, glad you got it in.

I'm guessing demand has been met now. I'll be putting away the bare boards and the parts I sourced are now fair game for my other projects. That said I should be able to knock one of these up at any time if anyone becomes interested in the future.

• 5 months later...