IGNORED

Collection of PD/Shareware disks for Model I/III?

fpet

I have a faint memory of copying a collection of PD and/or Shareware disks for the model I (and/or III). It contained programs like Greene Machine BBS and lots of other stuff. It may have been between 20 and 50 disks.

I can't find any hints towards such a collection on the internet. Does anybody remember such a thing? Or is my aging mind playing tricks on me?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a faint memory of copying a collection of PD and/or Shareware disks for the model I (and/or III). It contained programs like Greene Machine BBS and lots of other stuff. It may have been between 20 and 50 disks.

I can't find any hints towards such a collection on the internet. Does anybody remember such a thing? Or is my aging mind playing tricks on me?

http://www.classiccmp.org/cpmarchives/trs80/Software/Model%20III/

I hook my Model III to my PC with a null modem cable and download the files to floppies.

Thanks for your replies. I know about these sites and have most of their contents. But this is not what I am looking for. This is old commercial software. What I am looking for was released as PD/shareware in the 80s.

Maybe I'll be lucky one day and find the disks in on of the moving boxes, I have still in storage.

The link I gave you has all of that including the Green Machine BBS software you mentioned. A huge portion of those titles were created by normal people and many of the files show the authors name in parenthesis.

Can you give the names of some PD files you're not able to find?

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear enough. I'm not looking for any specific program in that collection. (I'm quite sure that all the individual files are found on the server you linked to. Or on my harddisk. :) )

I am looking for the entire collection. Like in later years the Fishdisks for the Amiga where published and catalogued by Fred Fish, this was probably published and catalogued by some usergroup, but I have no memory what it was called.

So, if you are asking for specific files I'm after, that would probably be the catalog files describing the disks contents, as the indiviual programs are probably easily found in the cpm-archive site or where on Ira's site when he still made stuff available for download.