IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

yea back in the day we knew home games were not as good as arcades it was like the difference between going to the cinema and watching on tv

i really didnt have much complaints about the games that get so much hate today i thought 2600 pacman was just fine

i figured its limitations were just as good as they could do at the time cause i mean what were the other choices the led radioshack football game or the stupid merlin its only real game was its lame version of blackjack or even worse simon

but back to the mall there was aladdins castle my mom would go into mervyns and give me and my sister a couple bucks she went next door to the sanrio store and i guess would look at pens and candy

i would get a handful of tokens (still got one) but the bullys wouldn't let me play the new games they would either steal my nexties token so i would be stuck on the what we called back then the black and white games like space invaders ,lunar lander or this submarine game where you looked through this periscope like thing there was always a line on dragons lair but over time games got stale and the older kids would leave maybe they discovered girls or booze i really liked this game called space duel i loved how the ships could spin around

i was a horrible player i dont think i ever made it through day 2 of paperboy or ever completed a race in any racing game it was just fun controlling a little thing on a tv i also did lots of skeeball and whacka mole cause i really wanted that switchblade comb

i'll admit it i did like going into the sanrio store it always smelled of strawberrywatermellon and they made the best pencil sharpener and o bought a spiffy stapler that was shaped like a train it reminded me of a gobot

Edited by bohoki

Is it available places other than iTunes or Facebook for us who don't use either service?

Thanks!

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Hi, Right now I think Bob is going to add the podcast to Google play, and of course you can listen from this link http://theatari5200superpodcast.libsyn.com/rss

I think he will also put it on stitcher but he is new to this podcast thing so do you have any suggestions.

I enjoyed your first episode! I have great memories of my 5200 from my youth and know have picked up a few units and a AtariMax and a Masterplay repo from eBay. Looking forward to upcoming episodes and playing some games along with you. Thanks again for all the effort it takes for the podcast.

Thank you and glad you enjoyed the episode.

Making podcast episodes are a labour of love and take a lot of work.

Both Bob and I love the Atari 5200 and comments like yours make all the work worth it.

• Like 1

Hi, Right now I think Bob is going to add the podcast to Google play, and of course you can listen from this link http://theatari5200superpodcast.libsyn.com/rss

I think he will also put it on stitcher but he is new to this podcast thing so do you have any suggestions.

How do I listen to this? The link just brings up XML code. Is there a link to an mp3 file I can download?

Allan

That is beautiful! How did you acquire this treasure? :)

I was just searching through eBay to see what was new for the 5200. Then I saw an auction for a new 5200.

I had always wanted a mint 5200 but this was one better as it was unused and new. So I had to jump on it.

It cost $250 plus shipping and it will be the centerpiece of my 5200 collection.

But since I have already 2 other 5200's it will be a back up system.

Edited by Protestari
  • Like 1

Congratulations! Really nice to have mint "big sexy" in a collection.

BTW, you have to add this to the 5200 Serial Number thread. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/171005-5200-serial-number-thread/page-5

Edited by sramirez2008
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed episode 1 (even though I don't have a 5200!). Probably I'm the only one who thought this but with all the bad stories about the controllers I didn't realise you could use 'normal' 8-bit Atari sticks for most of the games - until I listened to the podcast. Perhaps this should be made clear and you might get a few more people to get a 5200 :idea:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I enjoyed episode 1 (even though I don't have a 5200!). Probably I'm the only one who thought this but with all the bad stories about the controllers I didn't realise you could use 'normal' 8-bit Atari sticks for most of the games - until I listened to the podcast. Perhaps this should be made clear and you might get a few more people to get a 5200 :idea:

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Thank you. We will be talking about controllers and alternatives in episodes to come.

• Like 2