IGNORED

The Atari 5200 Podcast (New Podcast)

David Alexander

Hey guys, excellent podcast! I just listened this weekend and you can consider me a regular listener now. It's great to see the 5200 getting some love, as we all know it has always been sorely overlooked.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for making it and to please keep them coming!

• Like 1

Hey guys, excellent podcast! I just listened this weekend and you can consider me a regular listener now. It's great to see the 5200 getting some love, as we all know it has always been sorely overlooked.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks for making it and to please keep them coming!

Thank you, happy you liked our podcast. We should be recording our next episode soon.

• Like 2

Looking forward to it! I have to admit I'm not usually a podcast guy, but I'm glad I took the time to listen (and will continue to do so). Since the 5200 has always been on a pedestal to me (along with other underdog and underappreciated consoles like TG-16 and Dreamcast), it's just great to hear some discussion about it.

One thing I would really like to see - and maybe you guys could help organize a real push for this - is a nice RGB mod for the 5200. Maybe we could petition Darktim (of NESRGB and 2600RGB fame) to work his magic for us.

• Like 2

Looking forward to it! I have to admit I'm not usually a podcast guy, but I'm glad I took the time to listen (and will continue to do so). Since the 5200 has always been on a pedestal to me (along with other underdog and underappreciated consoles like TG-16 and Dreamcast), it's just great to hear some discussion about it.

One thing I would really like to see - and maybe you guys could help organize a real push for this - is a nice RGB mod for the 5200. Maybe we could petition Darktim (of NESRGB and 2600RGB fame) to work his magic for us.

Thanks for your feedback and glad you liked the first episode. We will put the idea out there on the next show.

• 4 weeks later...

As mentioned in Episode 2 We are having our first Contest/Give away. The winner of the contest will win a copy of Tempest published by Atari Age. The cartridge will come with a custom box. Here's what you have to do to enter the contest. You must send an email submission to: theatari5200podcast@gmail.com explaining why the Atari 5200 was the superior console of its day. We are going to let this contest go for a few episodes and will update listeners as to the cut off date for submissions and when we will announce the winner.

post-38693-0-62167700-1480120735_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

As mentioned in Episode 2 We are having our first Contest/Give away. The winner of the contest will win a copy of Tempest published by Atari Age. The cartridge will come with a custom box. Here's what you have to do to enter the contest. You must send an email submission to: theatari5200podcast@gmail.com explaining why the Atari 5200 was the superior console of its day. We are going to let this contest go for a few episodes and will update listeners as to the cut off date for submissions and when we will announce the winner.

Another great episode! Listened to it on my way back from Orlando. Thanks for putting it together and as always, for incorporating the Six Million Man into your intro. :)

• Like 1

Well the Atari 5200 is such an awesome console that it needs 3 hosts to discuss is virtue's so Bob and I would like to welcome the podcasts new host, Glen come on down your are the new co-host of the Atari 5200 Podcast. Our core team is now complete for more 5200 bionic adventures. Bob is Steve Austin, I am Oscar Goldman and Glen is Dr. Rudy Wells and you dont need a level six OSI clearance to listen to the show ;) Take a look at Glen's newest video and sub his channel

I downloaded these to pass some time at work, and was shocked when the Ratcatcher discussion came up. Thanks a lot for the shout-out. Now I have to go play Wizard of Wor!

I plan to buy this game as soon as its in the AA store.

And we will definitely mention it again as soon as I have had some play time :)

By the way how do you like the podcast minus the audio problems of the 2nd episode ?

By the way how do you like the podcast minus the audio problems of the 2nd episode ?

It's great, I find it interesting that so much discussion seems centered around controllers, though. I might be an extreme outlier in that I never really had any gripes about the 5200 controllers apart from their durability.

• Like 1

It's great, I find it interesting that so much discussion seems centered around controllers, though. I might be an extreme outlier in that I never really had any gripes about the 5200 controllers apart from their durability.

Hi, I never had any issues with my 5200 controller either however with that awful AVGN episode that got almost 6 million views and the Video Game Years video that got about 200,000 views has really helped malign a great system so we just wanted to make sure that the controller issue was addressed. Of course as we review games we will let the listeners know what controller, original or otherwise works best with what game. Looking forward to getting Ratcatcher, checking the AA store practically everyday :)

Edited by Protestari

We just wanted to make sure that the listeners knew about our Wico 5200 Rescue and Rehabilitation Sanctuary.

It is our mission statement to assist in relocating unwanted and abused Wico 5200 Joysticks and Keypads.

To give them the gaming life they deserve.

Wont you contribute to the cause?

Simply ship your unwanted Wico's in care of the Atari 5200 Podcast.

We will make sure that they are well taken care of. 1f609.png

post-38693-0-71173500-1480774113_thumb.jpg

post-38693-0-49580900-1480774128_thumb.jpg

post-38693-0-76354900-1480774141_thumb.jpg

post-38693-0-07646000-1480774161_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I never had any issues with my 5200 controller either however with that awful AVGN episode that got almost 6 million views and the Video Game Years video that got about 200,000 views has really helped malign a great system so we just wanted to make sure that the controller issue was addressed. Of course as we review games we will let the listeners know what controller, original or otherwise works best with what game. Looking forward to getting Ratcatcher, checking the AA store practically everyday :)

Also Classic Game Room's YouTube video review about the 5200 has about 200,427 views. He said its the worst videogame controller ever seen. So there's a lot of damage control to be done.

• Like 1

It's taken me too long, but I've finally listened to the first episode and loved it. Great work, and I'm looking forward to listening to Episode 2 (and hopefully finally getting to love Countermeasure). Thanks for making great content, and for getting even more positive info out there for the Great 5200!

• Like 1