IGNORED

A long shot, but... (aka reaching out to ex-Midway folks?)

Dauber

I...suddenly have my heart set on tracking down people who worked at Midway in, say...early 1983 or around that time. Any pointers as to how one goes about doing that??? Part of this is for my own personal curiosity, part of it might be for podcast material...

I...suddenly have my heart set on tracking down people who worked at Midway in, say...early 1983 or around that time. Any pointers as to how one goes about doing that??? Part of this is for my own personal curiosity, part of it might be for podcast material...

George Gomez worked for Midway back in at least '82 as he was on a team developing Tron and if memory serves he was the one that designed the cabinet. You can find him on Facebook he currently works for Stern Pinball. I interviewed him for Retrocade Magazine several years ago for our Tron issue so he is accessible.

• Like 1

A good one to talk to would be Brian F. Colin, who did artwork and game design for a bunch of Midway games in the 80s including Discs of TRON, Rampage, Arch Rivals, etc.

He is actually getting back into the business of arcade game creation which I'll be mentioning in another post:

http://www.gamerefuge.com/index.html

A good one to talk to would be Brian F. Colin, who did artwork and game design for a bunch of Midway games in the 80s including Discs of TRON, Rampage, Arch Rivals, etc.

He is actually getting back into the business of arcade game creation which I'll be mentioning in another post:

We interviewed Brian for Pie Factory Podcast. :) I actually just sent Brian an e-mail a few minutes before I saw your response.

(BTW, he's actually the "King Henry VIII" that Inky was referring to. Someone pointed out that in our episode about Rampage and Xenophobe, we kept dropping his name, so we decided to start calling him King Henry VIII. :) )

Here's video of Inky and me playing Xenophobe *with* Brian:

• Like 1