436 replies to this topic

#426 brain OFFLINE  

brain

Moonsweeper

• 259 posts

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:12 PM

Finish that migration yet? :)

Greg

Yep.  My current challenge is finding a bootloader that works with SD cards and fits in 2048 bytes. 

If folks are wanting to move now and can program an AVR atmega328, let me know, and I'll kit up the parts.  Otherwise, I need to find a way to do field upgrades, or the shipping of boards back and forth will becoming tiring very quickly.  I am sure folks will find bugs, so user upgrades are very important.

I have a 3092 byte SD card bootloader, but have not gotten it down to 2048 bytes yet. 

Jim

#427 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,353 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:39 PM

Yep.  My current challenge is finding a bootloader that works with SD cards and fits in 2048 bytes. 

If folks are wanting to move now and can program an AVR atmega328, let me know, and I'll kit up the parts.  Otherwise, I need to find a way to do field upgrades, or the shipping of boards back and forth will becoming tiring very quickly.  I am sure folks will find bugs, so user upgrades are very important.

I have a 3092 byte SD card bootloader, but have not gotten it down to 2048 bytes yet. 

Jim

There are a handful of us with programmers that can do that and test for you.   Just let us know.   Are they going to be kits?  If so, I might have mine sent to someone like Greg for assembly since my hands shake too much to solder right now.  

#428 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,275 posts

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 PM

Jim

I can do that. Sorry for the sysadmin joke ;)

Greg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

#429 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,275 posts

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:55 PM

There are a handful of us with programmers that can do that and test for you.   Just let us know.   Are they going to be kits?  If so, I might have mine sent to someone like Greg for assembly since my hands shake too much to solder right now.  

Happy to build yours Jon

#430 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 3,159 posts

Posted Sat May 12, 2018 5:53 AM

Any updates on the SD card drive for the CC40?

#431 brain OFFLINE  

brain

Moonsweeper

• 259 posts

Posted Sat May 12, 2018 8:18 PM

Any updates on the SD card drive for the CC40?

Yep.

Not having a ton of time to work on bootloaders, so I am switching plans.  I am recompiling the design for Arduino (I use an atmega328, so this is pretty easy), and I will sell (or folks can grab via eBay) an Arduino UNO + Data Logger card to test with.  This way, they can dload new code with USB, and I can get feedback on the code (and an arduino is nice to have anyway).  That will eliminate the need to solder (acadiel's concern) and I can get on with development without having to worry about packaging right now.

Thoughts appreciated.

Jim

#432 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 3,275 posts

Posted Sat May 12, 2018 8:20 PM

Sounds good to me

#433 Ksarul ONLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,568 posts

Posted Sat May 12, 2018 8:44 PM

Sounds good to me too. . .

#434 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,353 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Mon May 14, 2018 10:17 AM

Sounds good too. I have an Uno. Have a link to the datalogger shield?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

#435 brain OFFLINE  

brain

Moonsweeper

• 259 posts

Posted Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 PM

https://www.ebay.com...bMAAOSw6btXSRTw

#436 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,353 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Wed May 16, 2018 4:44 PM

I'm guessing a regular SD card shield would work too, right?   That, I should have...

#437 brain OFFLINE  

brain

Moonsweeper

• 259 posts

Posted Wed May 16, 2018 4:48 PM

I think anything with an SD card connected to the MISO/MOSI/CLK/SS lines would be fine.

Jim

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users