IGNORED

Atari ST with VGA Monitor?

I have a 1970NX and yes.. I have the same problem. Low rez looks great. Medium is ok but not something I'd want to stare at all day. High is awful. You're right in that you can improve the high rez image with a little fiddling of the controls.. but compared to the SM124... it sucks. Using a Best VGA cable too.

There are mods for the ST that'll clean up your signal. Guy posted a photo with a 1990 model NEC it was actually a bigger monitor and it looked fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Best Electronics cables are better than their website design? ;) Its a single image... So 1990s! And then it just tells you to call or email for info.. Duh?!

I will testify that the cable is a fantastic, well built item!\As for the 1990's web design? I guess that is just part of the charm. :)

​In the spirit of full disclosure...

I have the BE multisync cable and it looks fine.

but...

I am currently going SCART RGB to FRAMEMEISTER for my ST.

So while I can testify to the build quality of the cable, I haven't actually worked it into my setup just yet.

But I see no reason why it should not work just fine,

I hope Best Electronics cables are better than their website design? ;) Its a single image... So 1990s! And then it just tells you to call or email for info.. Duh?!

Bad mouth Bradley all you want, but he's a good guy, and runs a great business for the Atari community. Website is shit, but he apparently doesn't feel it's worth updating, and anything you can't figure out just call him and he's usually happy to help. If you'd ever been to the warehouse you'd get why the website hasn't been updated, the place is a OSHA nightmare.

The Best VGA cable is a nice cable. it's not perfect, but it does the job. You can make your own cable for less, but not everyone wants to take the time.

• Like 1