IGNORED

Voice Playback

Tursi

Here is an in game sample with some digital voice effects that I've put together using the voice playback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GXnP8PYMnk&feature=youtu.be

It seems that we can't use default sound update with the voice player.

I'm talking about these calls from crtcv.s

call 0x1f61 ; play sounds

call 0x1ff4 ; update snd_addr with snd_areas

How did you manage to put music with voices ? you have your own player ?

Hum, i'm talking about musics, not digits, perhaps it was not clear in my post.

The digits work fine, that is not a problem. It's about how to play music with digits that I need help because the default drivers for playing music is disable to allow digits to be played

Edited by alekmaul

I was at the Zoo all day. Seen some Pandas. But the Penguins, Lions & Polar bears were more fun since too many people in to see the pandas.

The gameplay doesn't stop while the sample is played which is the new thing about this. The music definatly stops in mine as all 3 voices are in use as per Artrags post.

I converted the samples to VGM SFX so I could just play them along with the VGM music library Tursi provided.

Works perfect!

I may be wrong, but in the video the music stops while voice is active (voice needs all channels).

I do not know the coleco Bios but maybe it is possible to stop the music while the SN768xx is busy with voice samples.

Digress will have to speak up and say what he used, I don't know anything about the BIOS player either. For my own work I use my VGM player. ;)

Hum, i'm talking about musics, not digits, perhaps it was not clear in my post.

The digits work fine, that is not a problem. It's about how to play music with digits that I need help because the default drivers for playing music is disable to allow digits to be played

• Like 1

Ah, there you go then. My player disables music on any active sound effect channels, but still processes it in the background, so it seems more like the music continues rather than pausing and resuming where it left off. :) (The intent there was if you had single-channel sound effects, you'd hear the music at the same time.) Since the voice doesn't use the noise channel, that would keep processing as normal.

Thanks for using my player!

For sure. Solved my music problems. Hand coding music sucks. I'll credit you in the manual if I ever get this corruption fixed so I can finish it.

Ah, there you go then. My player disables music on any active sound effect channels, but still processes it in the background, so it seems more like the music continues rather than pausing and resuming where it left off. :) (The intent there was if you had single-channel sound effects, you'd hear the music at the same time.) Since the voice doesn't use the noise channel, that would keep processing as normal.

Thanks for using my player!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...