IGNORED

Is ebay really the best place to sell

Seal4913

If you have Atari stuff you should sell it here. I sell on eBay every summer and have had problems w/ buyers the last couple years. Buyers have an Amazon mentality now. Unrealistic expectations and no patience. In the old days it seemed like things were "between gamers". No more.

I've not had problems with ebay's fees though. You might get a little more money selling on ebay but it's not worth the hassle IMO.

• Like 1

And just as I spoke up out come the pix... "feedback" type posts usually yield mixed results but what the heck... pretty vanilla lot. System tested? Boxes are good... is the Surround a gatefold box ) ? Paddles work? Good paddles are hard to find.

edit. oh driving controllers, test those out.

Edited by Kid Ice

And just as I spoke up out come the pix... "feedback" type posts usually yield mixed results but what the heck... pretty vanilla lot. System tested? Boxes are good... is the Surround a gatefold box? Paddles work? Good paddles are hard to find.

Not sure if I have everything needed to test it.

What do you mean by gatefold?

Why did you delete your post?

Am normally (and have been historically for decades) for selling on the forums, but… like I said - good luck! Much prefer a no-nonsense approach to selling.

Okay… Shawn just hit the crux of it all. Besides most here not being interested in such a lot, where are you people getting 20%? 10% for the listing and 4% for the PayPal fee…

With a lot of fairly common games and a console like you have here, Ebay's 20 percent might be your best bet to get as wide and willing audience as possible. Most people here on AA will already have everything you're offering. I'm gonna venture you want to sell it as a lot correct?

Much better picture. I didn't notice the Pitfall II before. Maybe Shawn is right, I have no idea how much a VCS goes for on ebay these days. Do your homework, test the system, driving controllers (with Indy 500), and Pitfall II, you should be able to get a little something for those.

where are you people getting 20%? 10% for the listing and 4% for the PayPal fee…

Beat me to it. I however find it unfair to even list pp fees as almost everyone will pay via that method regardless if ebay or not.

As far as the original question. I think ebay is the "most profitable" even w/paying 10% in fees.

Incorrect assumptions. I used standard everything no upgrades etc and it's 15%

Those were very good assumptions. It's up to you to figure out why you're getting fucked. Come to a forum such as this for freebie advice? We should be charging you umpteen percent for consultation fees as to why you're getting screwed by your consignee. I hereby charge 10% on any sales accidentally incurred for your arrogance and cluelessness thus forward. Pay up! :rolling:

Those were very good assumptions. It's up to you to figure out why you're getting fucked. Come to a forum such as this for freebie advice? We should be charging you umpteen percent for consultation fees as to why you're getting screwed by your consignee. I hereby charge 10% for your arrogance and cluelessness thus forward. Pay up! :rolling:

I guess you and ice are the trolls of the site. Nice to meet you

I guess you and ice are the trolls of the site. Nice to meet you

Haha! I don't have a horse in any race, either way. And I certainly don't need a pie chart to tell me I'm overpaying someone to sell my stuff.

I do however, pay attention to my seller fees listing by listing. The good old fashioned way. And 10% is what I pay on top of the 4% liability that PayPal incurs of course.

Seal… you're doing something else to incur such charges, that's all we're saying. Look into it. It's your money.