IGNORED

FS: Atari Jaguar & Atari Jaguar CD in Original boxes includes Manuals plus

AtariSociety

$795 for all. CD unit not for sale separate.

First off please note, looking for local pick-up only on this, Northern California (USA), and if this does not pan out after a couple weeks of the ad, will consider shipping at buyers expense. Will still be USA only if I end up having to ship.

So cash and carry, come see it running before you buy. I am located 1 hour from Sacramento California.

If you are not local and want to be added to possible future shipping list, PM me your info. I only accept money order so no paypal. Would double box all for safe shipping but today will offer 1st dibs to someone local that can purchase and pick up and pay cash.

All in mint condition, played with very few hours. Complete ready to enjoy. Even has S Video cable for better video or use old Jag TV box too. Have some games so all you see in the attached pictures is what you will get.

Video showing it running a couple weeks ago.

TJ

post-26160-0-97812300-1471317440_thumb.jpg

post-26160-0-26154400-1471317467_thumb.jpg

post-26160-0-91946000-1471317481_thumb.jpg

Edited by AtariSociety

If I don't have someone wanting to buy the lot, may consider selling it later separate but they are not cheap on eBay either. $749 is what I see them selling for. I would probably lower mine down to $500 range or something like that. If you want it for around that, let me know and I can consider later. tj

Ohhh man would love to buy the Jaguar CD seperately :(

I am only going full set for now. But if I am unable to sell as a set, I may later sell things separate. I myself like to sell outside of eBay when I can, to someone in the Atari Forums, even if I don't sell for as much. Something is to be said about selling to someone local or someone outside of eBay system and be part of the Atari community that way. But indeed, I may list the entire set on eBay later tonight if I get no takers here, unless a good opportunity arises here that makes sense for me. Just sold my Firebee this week here at a fair deal too. TJ

You're probably better off selling it on eBay for $795 instead of taking a mere $500 here. Why cheat yourself?

Edited by AtariSociety

I have opened it up to PayPal as long as account is verified and shipping to verified address. Buyer must pay PayPal fees. Forgot to update my post here, sorry. Yes all packing for units in the boxes. Much cheaper to buy from here as we don't have the fees of eBay so I marked up considerably there. And if we do money order here, buyer saves about $30 PayPal fees they don't need to pay. :-)

By the way, just sold my Firebee via these forums to another atariage member so I have that reference too. Happy to share that with buyer. They received the Firebee within 2 days of me receiving their money order.

TJ

Edited by AtariSociety

I think alot of the posts here are politely trying to say that you are asking too much for a jag+jag CD. Best case scenario for a boxed Jag is around $150-$200 - best case. For the CD Id guess around $300. $800 for the combo is pretty far above market price IMHO.

The Firebee is a much more rare beast, esp in the States which is why you got good $$$ for that one.

Just my $0.02

• Like 1

Actually, I appreciate that, but appears that is not the case these days.

Please check eBay. $1K plus for full systems with CD in box... Just the CD in box right this very moment I have one bookmarked selling for $575 and still has time. Others selling for well over that.

To tell you the truth, that is the only reason I listed it. Appears Jag CD systems are through the roof right now.

I will watch the unit that ends tonight and see how that fairs. Then maybe break out my CD and sell separate and keep the Jag.

I listed my set as a minimum of $999 at eBay, including shipping which will be expensive double boxing like I do, as the minimum I will sell for is the $795 plus shipping I have listed at the Atari Forums. Once eBay, Paypal, and shipping comes out, that is what it comes down to.

I prefer not to sell on eBay and prefer money order so I can sell as cheap as I am willing to go for the full set. And if you compare my $795 to past sold of mint in box like I have to what sold at eBay, it is cheaper, so figured a good deal for someone that wants to.

But heh, just the mumblings of this old man so maybe non of it is true. hehe

But yes, the prices are crazy high and it is not just one or two but many have been selling at that price. Can only guess collectors wanting original boxes and all.

But again, thanks for being candid with me but I digress, appears Jag CD in box are no longer selling at the $300 you posted. Just look at eBay passed sold listings.

Example of recent CD alone...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-CD-Console-w-Box-WORKING-LIKE-NEW-/122027822043?hash=item1c696ccbdb:g:TxkAAOSwOVpXcHX5

TJ

I think alot of the posts here are politely trying to say that you are asking too much for a jag+jag CD. Best case scenario for a boxed Jag is around $150-$200 - best case. For the CD Id guess around $300. $800 for the combo is pretty far above market price IMHO.

The Firebee is a much more rare beast, esp in the States which is why you got good $$$ for that one.

Just my $0.02

Edited by AtariSociety

Going off of ebay is a bad idea. eBay item number:322218062715 sold last Wed for $540 ($500 plus $40 shipping) for a boxed Jag CD and a boxed Jag combined....so Goochman is right on the money. Ebay is filled with bid wars and artificially inflated merchandise. Reminds me of the time I listed "Outrun 3D" for the SMS. At the time the going rate was around $100. A bid war ensued and it ended for $500. I wasn't expecting the buyer to pay me..but he did! Lo and behold he had it relisted a week later with a reserve. Whatever the reserve was it didn't make it. Bids would not go past $100.

Just goes to show. If you are looking for that amount of coin you might be better off trying ebay. I could be wrong but I really can't see someone here dropping that kind of coin (plus paypal fees no less) for a JagCD and Jag.

Fair enough and I did not either but figured I would list it here anyway. Won't hurt.

I have sold my fair share of vintage gear over the many years and sometimes it sells, other times it does not.

I am not worried about it.

As I mentioned, I only decided to put it up as the prices seem so high and I seldom use it, so it they actually fetch that kind of coin on eBay, I will try and sell it.

I sold my Firebee for only $600 and even paid the $30 shipping so made $570 on it. Of course it cost me $900 for it when I purchased it so I took a loss to find it a new home. Could have made more but no need if situations are right and we can work out a quick easy sale.

I know you can always find great deals... some deals you break even, and others you make a few $.

If she sells, cool. If not, no biggee.

Thanks for the words.

TJ

Going off of ebay is a bad idea. eBay item number:322218062715 sold last Wed for $540 ($500 plus $40 shipping) for a boxed Jag CD and a boxed Jag combined....so Goochman is right on the money. Ebay is filled with bid wars and artificially inflated merchandise. Reminds me of the time I listed "Outrun 3D" for the SMS. At the time the going rate was around $100. A bid war ensued and it ended for $500. I wasn't expecting the buyer to pay me..but he did! Lo and behold he had it relisted a week later with a reserve. Whatever the reserve was it didn't make it. Bids would not go past $100. Just goes to show. If you are looking for that amount of coin you might be better off trying ebay. I could be wrong but I really can't see someone here dropping that kind of coin (plus paypal fees no less) for a JagCD and Jag.

I don't think any of us are trying to be rude, but if you want EBay prices, go to EBay, pay their fees and deal w/a system that protects the buyer and not the seller. Generally speaking on forums, be it here or elsewhere, we sell below EBay prices for the reasons listed as well as to pass deals on to fellow community members. If you want maximum profit, EBay is your best bet. That said, those pieces priced well would quickly sell on here.

• Like 1

Nah, you are speaking your mind, and I am good with that. ;-)

Just don't have the gumption to sell a Jag CD for $300.

Take hits on many things I sold in the past to move them on but took me forever to get a Jag CD, don't really need to sell it, so trying eBay at $599 shipped to see what happens.

eBay will grab $60 and paypal about $20. Cost of of shipping all over the place for this big of box. Shipping shows anywhere from $35 to $40. If it has to ship back east and I am all the way west. Shipping not cheap these days. Maybe luck out and more west coast.

May be willing to sell outside of eBay cheaper as save some of those fees but not $300. ;-) I just have to keep it if that is all it can get.

Think I will keep the Jag itself for carts. Still fun to play when I do have the time.

TJ

I don't think any of us are trying to be rude, but if you want EBay prices, go to EBay, pay their fees and deal w/a system that protects the buyer and not the seller. Generally speaking on forums, be it here or elsewhere, we sell below EBay prices for the reasons listed as well as to pass deals on to fellow community members. If you want maximum profit, EBay is your best bet. That said, those pieces priced well would quickly sell on here.

Edited by AtariSociety

• 2 weeks later...