Mini Arcade Alert!

mini arcade pacman

308 replies to this topic

#301 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 15,496 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:00 AM

That is the coldest trolling of them all.  Coleco should have just stayed dead. :(

I'll take that back if one it is real, and two it hits the market.

Coleco is like a damn virus. It's never truly dead as when you think it's gone, it's simply invaded a new host.

Maybe there's still hope for Rainbow Brite after all. I will buy one RB unit. To show my support for Bob. That's it.

#302 Mulletino OFFLINE  

Mulletino

Chopper Commander

• 201 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:36 AM

Well these Mini Arcade things have only just surfaced here in Aus, only these though:

Asteroids

Centipede

Frogger

Space Invaders

#303 Glen's Retro Show OFFLINE  

Glen's Retro Show

Chopper Commander

• 175 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:46 AM

#304 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 2,970 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:03 AM

Oh by the way that Robotech game, looking at the washed out intentional image of the screen I can recognize that game.  It looks to be Robotech the Macross Saga for the Gameboy Advance.  Compounding that the interesting button array on the fake coleco down to the same button alignment of a GBA put into the front panel whereas Y and X would be originally L and R.

#305 thanatos ONLINE  

thanatos

Stargunner

• 1,406 posts

Posted Yesterday, 1:19 PM

\The little stick is about the size of those old NES wrap around super controllers which had a joystick mushroom on it and the outer most button is fairly close in distance.  I think it would be ok.  I haven't found a picture of Joust turned on but I haven't looked yet either today so I have no idea if it's 7800 or NES release.  Rampage is very much looking like the NES though from the shot I was given.

I forgot to mention, also Defender!  Each of those NOACs they do have 2 games inside, so there's a video on faebook of Defender being bridged out of Joust, but oddly no one has poking a metal stick at Rampage yet.  Anyone want to float a guess on that?  Data East handled that on on the NES, but since they're doing their own mini arcades I'd think Burgertime and friends would be out.  Spy Hunter?

23621602_10212438025683089_8543956503265

Dang, local Wal-Mart didn't have the Joust or Rampage.  But I picked up a Frogger.  Tested the Asteroids, and plays like an LED game with fixed points for the ship around the center, no thanks.

#306 JBerel ONLINE  

JBerel

Chopper Commander

• 206 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:13 PM

Yeah. Unfortunately the Asteroids is by far the worst one of the bunch. When I heard they were making it, I figured it would be good. There's tons of good ports they could run on the LCD screens. Then they went and did that. 

I just don't know what some people are thinking.

#307 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 14,312 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:20 PM

Oh wow, Rampage and Joust now!? That's pretty cool... wonder where this series of mini games will go next? 

Regarding Asteroids, I remember BITD either on the 2600 or watching people play the arcade, how some would just "sit and spin" in the middle and never thrust away. Laughed out loud when I saw this mini arcade replicate that sad gameplay.   :lol:    

#308 thanatos ONLINE  

thanatos

Stargunner

• 1,406 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Oh wow, Rampage and Joust now!? That's pretty cool... wonder where this series of mini games will go next? 

Regarding Asteroids, I remember BITD either on the 2600 or watching people play the arcade, how some would just "sit and spin" in the middle and never thrust away. Laughed out loud when I saw this mini arcade replicate that sad gameplay.   :lol:    

Heh, guilty as charged back in the day. I was like 10 years old.  Using thrust was  for "good" players!

This was at the arcade.  Had an uncle that would play until he got bored, then would let one of us kids take over with the top line full of extra ships.  They would get depleted quickly!

With the 2600 version we'd finally use the thrust.  :)

#309 Tanooki OFFLINE  

Tanooki

River Patroller

• 2,970 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:25 PM

Yeah. Unfortunately the Asteroids is by far the worst one of the bunch. When I heard they were making it, I figured it would be good. There's tons of good ports they could run on the LCD screens. Then they went and did that. 

I just don't know what some people are thinking.

I have it, if you go into it knowing what's there and accept it, it's pretty fun.  But I was mad as hell about it when it was shown off.  I was figuring since they lifted Asteroids 7800 NES hack off that old flashback from ages ago, since Asteroids was (7800 ver) on the same device they'd just apply that and go for it.  But no, it's more like a dumb tower defense/old pc turret fire until you die game instead.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mini arcade, pacman

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users