IGNORED

Mini Arcade Alert!

simbalion

one more review for 1/4 scale pac-man

and one final, final one:

THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE DEFAULTS.

it's not 5+1, and extra at 15k.

it's supposed to be 3+1, and extra at 10k.

doubt they're going to change it.

later

Have they fixed the non-integer scaling issues yet, or ae those still messed up? Are these final production units, or pre-production? If so, there's still a bit of time to fix stuff.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just got out of Walmart, and they had both Dig Dug and Galaga (Galaga is now the previously missing number 9). They are not NES roms, though I can't say at all that they are arcade roms.

My wife mentioned that a basic fun Dig Dug is coming out.

They like to release these in pairs has anyone heard or seen anything?

I just got out of Walmart, and they had both Dig Dug and Galaga (Galaga is now the previously missing number 9). They are not NES roms, though I can't say at all that they are arcade roms.

Is there a basic fun Galaga? I am a sucker for all variations of Galaga and Pacman / Ms Pacman. The Tiny Arcade Galaga from Super Impulse is pretty bad, though not quite as the cheap shots in Galaxian though. If there is Basic Fun galaga, I want to add it to my collection.

Is there a basic fun Galaga? I am a sucker for all variations of Galaga and Pacman / Ms Pacman. The Tiny Arcade Galaga from Super Impulse is pretty bad, though not quite as the cheap shots in Galaxian though. If there is Basic Fun galaga, I want to add it to my collection.

If I didn't already have the MyArcade Galaga unit, I definitely would have gotten the Basic Fun unit I saw at WalMart today. I could see right away that it wasn't the NES rom, but I also felt like the brief bit of gameplay I saw from the demo that it might be running a bit slower than I'm used to seeing from the arcade. I feel pretty confident in saying that it is definitely a better version of Galaga than was on the Tiny Arcade, but I'd have to get some proper hands on time before I can say much more than that. It looks really nice though. It also looks like they tweaked the box art designs for these new machines as well, which really stands out with the Dig Dug. I regret not taking pictures, but I'm sure more impressions will be out soon, since if they're in my local Walmart already they're probably going to be found everywhere.

It will be interesting to see if they do those cut down static-screen versions of these games, but sadly now that the local ToysRUS doesn't exist, I haven't seen any local stores around there that carry those smaller units (which means I've yet to see that neat version of Tetris either)

Tetris is neat, but the game ends when you beat level 15, which feels like level 9 on the nes/gameboy. Kinda dumb it should at least keep going...

Also T-spins break the game. Any time you have the opportunity to clear a line or two with a T-block (except edge cases) just soft drop it sideways and rotate into position. It yields big points, more than a Tetris would, and clears less lines in the process. The official game only counts T-spins if three of four corner bricks are occupied prior to rotating in place.

did anyone ever mention the power-drain issue with the replicade centipede was fixed

with firmware :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/529306246/replicade-mini-centipede-arcade-machine-replica-12/posts/2332869

good for them, but it took awhile,

and i'm not spending $100 (used) - $150 for it.

maybe if i find one on clearance, or half price, then MAYBE.

later

I cant find these yet in Los Angeles,where did you find yours?

I wish they just sold them online somewhere.

at the 6 min 34 sec mark, you see the fabled Multi-namco player,which still hasn't been announced or listed yet:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6gYREnNGNo&t=726slater-1

That's weird, the video link keep changing videos.....ahh you were editing it.

Did My Arcade make the PlayStation classic??? Why would it be in their booth?

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 1

Hey I've been into a few groups online that play and collect those little cabinets and people are all up about the new quailty boxes and releases there with the Dig Dug and Galaga games.

Something you should be aware of, they're newly baked goods. DD and Galaga are NOT NOAC of any type, they're modern made. DD simulates the original game very well. Galaga though does not, it's actually a hard mode game if anything.

Galaga there if you're a fan of the arcade game, you'll find it all sorts of different. The programmed fly down/attack patterns are not the same on this unit, which you can see even in clips. The little blue/yellow bug who usually will pull a circle around you in the original game, it won't do this or that alone in this one. I can instead approach like that, then rapidly turn towards and and just suicide slam you. The dropped shots of theirs, they do not just only drift like normal, they will TURN to aim (the pixels) at you as they fly down so if you think you could squeak by in the old game just barely, you'll get scraped and popped. There are other differences, but those I have observed. it's a good game, just not Galaga but like Galaga Pro.

Also notice the 09 on Galaga, the original intended one was Defender so that puts that to bed.

I'm also VERY tempted by the My Arcade Retro Champ depending how it ends up in consumer hands who can try all the quirky carts. I have a really nice FC Mobile 88, but it can only do FC games and has issues with the VRC6/7 and some but not all Namco mappers, so I can't play all my stuff, just most, and with no adapted my everdrive n8 is a no go too. This handling both styles of game I'd be willing to buy into it.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

I collect the Basic Fun games because they look cool and am thrilled they made one #9 to bury the Defender controversy.

Too much trouble to make a dedicated one while destroying two units to do it .

I collect the My Arcade ones as well,I feel they look and play better in my own opinion.

Edited by wolfy62