Photo

Boulder Dash - Loaner Cart; Reviews and Reservations

132 replies to this topic

#126 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

River Patroller

• 4,935 posts

Posted Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:55 AM

After reading the backstory (in the manual) I am certain there will never be a Boulder Dash 2 for the VCS.  It took so long for this one to be completed (including 2 or possibly more instances where the project was dropped).

Regardless, I am thankful to have been able to give it a go.  It's an impressive achievement for the old 2600.  :)

Say... David in Calgary... any chance you wanted in on this road show?  Seems there's nobody on the 'next' list.  My turn is complete... someone should chime in.

Thanks! I bought my own copy when it was released, so someone else should have the chance of playing it. :)

#127 Rob Mitchell ONLINE  

Rob Mitchell

River Patroller

• 2,790 posts

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:56 AM

May I be on the loaner list?

#128 Andrew Davie OFFLINE  

Andrew Davie

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,737 posts
  • Dr.Boo

Posted Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:24 PM

May I be on the loaner list?

Rob please contact King_Salamon with your details and it will be in your hands before you know it.

#129 Rob Mitchell ONLINE  

Rob Mitchell

River Patroller

• 2,790 posts

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:05 PM

The loaner cart is now in my hands in Atlanta Georgia USA. Thanks!

#130 Andrew Davie OFFLINE  

Andrew Davie

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,737 posts
  • Dr.Boo

Posted Mon Jan 9, 2017 6:30 AM

The loaner cart is now in my hands in Atlanta Georgia USA. Thanks!

How about a review?

#131 Rob Mitchell ONLINE  

Rob Mitchell

River Patroller

• 2,790 posts

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 PM

BD is well packaged .. I enjoyed reading the manual cover to cover .. and I appreciate all the effort to program it. So tonight I finally had a chance to play it on my 7800 connected to a Toshiba LCD TV. BD displayed first the copyright screen, then AA logo and then a very fast rolling image of what looks like the BD game logo. I tried it on two 7800s .. one RF and the other direct video and both had the same rolling title screen. Eventually the game field is displayed and goes into demo mode. I did get it play and have yet to get through the second level. I hope to pull out a CRT this weekend and share it with a gathering of the Atlanta Historical Computer Socitey.

Rob

Got through second level ... Fun!

Edited by Rob Mitchell, Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:01 PM.

#132 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 21,884 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:39 AM

Interesting, you are the first to report that screen roll. I am curious if it works on your CRT.

#133 Andrew Davie OFFLINE  

Andrew Davie

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,737 posts
  • Dr.Boo

Posted Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:15 AM

BD is well packaged .. I enjoyed reading the manual cover to cover .. and I appreciate all the effort to program it. So tonight I finally had a chance to play it on my 7800 connected to a Toshiba LCD TV. BD displayed first the copyright screen, then AA logo and then a very fast rolling image of what looks like the BD game logo. I tried it on two 7800s .. one RF and the other direct video and both had the same rolling title screen. Eventually the game field is displayed and goes into demo mode. I did get it play and have yet to get through the second level. I hope to pull out a CRT this weekend and share it with a gathering of the Atlanta Historical Computer Socitey.

Rob

Got through second level ... Fun!

Hmmm. This isn't the NTSC/PAL switch set incorrectly, I wonder?

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users