IGNORED

2 button and 2 player games?

Which 7800 games require 2 button. I have pole position 2 and that is 2 button I know becuase my genesis pad doesn't even give gas. And I am getting choplifter!. Got a CIB off ebay coming this saturday. Is that 2 button also. And what other games are require 2 button? Is there a full list somewhere?

And also how many games did 7800 have? Officially as in back in the day? Just atari and other 3rd party realased back then available for sale? No homebrews. I remember hearing here 7800 did not have many games.

And are any 7800 games 2 player? I mean side by side like they had for contra on nintendo? Or none are 2 player co-op or otherwise?

Think there are about 90 original titles for the 7800. One of my faves to play with a friend is ballblazer. Basically first person soccer. Don't remember if it used both fire buttons though. Great with two player though and has a decent Ai that is adjustable to your skill if you don't have a friend handy at /the time.

Original games that require two buttons, here (Thanks to Mitch). There's this list too.

Total original games for the 7800 is ~60.

Simultaneous 2-Player games from the original line includes Basketbrawl, Centipede, Dark Chambers, Ikari Warriors, Joust, Mario Bros, Xenophobe; most "traditional" sport titles such as baseball, football, and wrestling feature 2-Player simultaneous action, but are pretty lousy on the 7800; One-On-One is a decent exception. Robotron 2084 could be handled as a 2-Player Cooperative, if the controls were managed with Player 1 performing player movement and Player 2 controls fire (direction) with their respective controllers.