I was bored, so I drew a KickMan uni-cyclist for the VCS. Since I had that sprite, I decided to draw a balloon.
Since I had a cyclist and a balloon, I decided to animate them. I then added the moving balloons and ability to kick.
Since I had the animation, I decided to add a simple tune.
Since I had all of that, I decided to add a background.
Here is a very, simple version of a balloon-popping uni-cyclist.
Enjoy. I am not sure if I want to keep working on this or not. It could be a fun game, but the rules are pretty advanced for the VCS.
I KNOW this is missing a lot from the KickMan rule set. I imagine it could be difficult to add missing elements.
Some rules that would need added:
- Pick balloons from bottom row.
- multi-color balloons with different speeds.
- balloon collision with rider
- ability to stack balloons on later levels
- need to "pop" balloons when stacked too high.
- falling balloon collision with stacked balloons
- characters to "eat" balloons (like Pac-Man & Monsters for points)
- ability to kick character, such as Pac-Man, back into the balloon stacks.
- Since there are only 6 balloons, the rules would probably have to be so many sets of 6 per level.
- Bonus rounds?
- Better music
- Multiple falling balloons on higher levels
(At least this version is ALREADY better than the lame C-64 version -- HAHA!)
...And NO; I can't "fix" the flicker. It's a VCS.
KickMan_V1.003.bin 32KB 220 downloads
Edited by darryl1970, Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:43 AM.