Midwest Gaming Classic April 7th-9th,2017

video games classic modern trade show

186 replies to this topic

#176 ubersaurus OFFLINE  

ubersaurus

River Patroller

• 4,957 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:12 AM

Congrats on the boing if it was boxed for $30 you stole that one and the seller didn't even come close to pricing it correctly.

Wall Ball was boxed for $50, Boing was loose.

#177 Captain_Combat OFFLINE  

Captain_Combat

Chopper Commander

• 219 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:59 AM

Still did well on boing loose it's at least worth double what you paid. The problem is that vendors pay anywhere between $200-$450 for there space and than you have to factor in gas, time, hotel costs. This is why good deals are tough to find and i think the vendors should get a space inside the actual hotel for that money and not just a tent space. For some vendors it may just be a write-off a place for advertising their websites or game stores???.

#178 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,325 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:35 AM

Got a couple of CIB not-the-most-common-in-the-world 2600 games for pretty cheap. Didn't realize until I checked out that it was Sean Kelly's store, which explained the reasonable prices. :)

I actually did see several things I was tempted to get, but I just didn't want to deal with having to drag too much stuff to the car, what with the stuff for our exhibitor table...

#179 frankodragon OFFLINE  

frankodragon

River Patroller

• 3,630 posts
  • No relation to the Adventure duck-like dragons

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:46 AM

I needed some Atari commons for shells for future games so several vendors had $1/game which was a pretty good deal.  Other vendors wanted $2 and up on commons.

#180 BassGuitari OFFLINE  

BassGuitari

Habitual Line Stepper

• 5,648 posts
  • Remember how bright the future used to look?

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:59 PM

...i think the vendors should get a space inside the actual hotel for that money and not just a tent space.

Pardon the expression, but there's no more room at the inn.

The vendor hall used to be where the main arcade/pinball area is now. You saw how many vendors were there--I assume--and that tent (which most people grossly underestimate the cost of, btw) is easily twice the size of that room. It's certainly not a perfect solution, but it's the best that can be done until the new convention center is ready.

#181 Nateo OFFLINE  

Nateo

Stargunner

• 1,153 posts

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 PM

I was also looking for a few Repros, after seeing such a healthy assortment last year.  Turns out vendors were told not to bring any this year, which is why there were almost none to be found.

I was wondering about that. I was really hoping to pick up a couple repros as well and was dissapointed when they weren't around. I knew I should have picked up GG Aleste for the Master System last year.

#182 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,325 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:12 PM

Waiting for my return flight at McCarran. My wife said on her way to the ladies' room she saw a couple of people wearing MGC T-shirts. I asked, "Did you ask them if they stopped by the Pie Factory Podcast table?" She said, "NO!!! I was busy trying NOT to yell 'NERD ALERT!'"

#183 Dauber OFFLINE  

Dauber

Quadrunner

• 5,325 posts
  • What's for tea, luv?

Posted Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:40 PM

....aaaaaaand, they were on my flight. :)

#184 PacManPlus OFFLINE  

PacManPlus

River Patroller

• 4,610 posts
  • Atari 7800 & NES Developer

Posted Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 PM

:lol: :lolblue:

#185 MaliciousCarp OFFLINE  

MaliciousCarp

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 AM

Can you bring your Zenith green screen for my Sorcerer?  I still want to get that off you somehow. :)

I'll probably be bringing the following (based on room)

Videobrain

Sorcerer

Arcadia 2001

MSX 2+

SV-328 (I have MUCH better games for it this year)

I just wanted to say thanks for bringing that Exidy Sorcerer!  I really enjoyed playing around with it.  I was surprised at how playable Defender (or defender clone?) was on it!  That and the TRS-80 setup on the middle ring of tables were definitely the highlights of the museum room for me this year.

#186 Tempest OFFLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• 25,906 posts

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:19 AM

I just wanted to say thanks for bringing that Exidy Sorcerer!  I really enjoyed playing around with it.  I was surprised at how playable Defender (or defender clone?) was on it! 

I'm glad you liked it.  I'll have it VCF Midewest as well.

Did you see the Asteroids clone I had running on it?  I think it's an amazing version.   I need to make a new copy of Kilopede (Centipede clone) as my tape seems to be bad.  That's my favorite Sorcerer game at the moment.

#187 MaliciousCarp OFFLINE  

MaliciousCarp

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:42 AM

I'm glad you liked it.  I'll have it VCF Midewest as well.

Did you see the Asteroids clone I had running on it?  I think it's an amazing version.   I need to make a new copy of Kilopede (Centipede clone) as my tape seems to be bad.  That's my favorite Sorcerer game at the moment.

No - I only got to play around with Defender.  I should have have spent more time in the museum room, but there was just too much Pinball that needed to be played :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video games, classic, modern, trade show

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users