IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic April 7th-9th,2017

Dan Iacovelli

Still did well on boing loose it's at least worth double what you paid. The problem is that vendors pay anywhere between $200-$450 for there space and than you have to factor in gas, time, hotel costs. This is why good deals are tough to find and i think the vendors should get a space inside the actual hotel for that money and not just a tent space. For some vendors it may just be a write-off a place for advertising their websites or game stores???.

Got a couple of CIB not-the-most-common-in-the-world 2600 games for pretty cheap. Didn't realize until I checked out that it was Sean Kelly's store, which explained the reasonable prices. :)

I actually did see several things I was tempted to get, but I just didn't want to deal with having to drag too much stuff to the car, what with the stuff for our exhibitor table...

...i think the vendors should get a space inside the actual hotel for that money and not just a tent space.

Pardon the expression, but there's no more room at the inn.

The vendor hall used to be where the main arcade/pinball area is now. You saw how many vendors were there--I assume--and that tent (which most people grossly underestimate the cost of, btw) is easily twice the size of that room. It's certainly not a perfect solution, but it's the best that can be done until the new convention center is ready.

• Like 1

I was also looking for a few Repros, after seeing such a healthy assortment last year. Turns out vendors were told not to bring any this year, which is why there were almost none to be found.

I was wondering about that. I was really hoping to pick up a couple repros as well and was dissapointed when they weren't around. I knew I should have picked up GG Aleste for the Master System last year.

• Like 1

Waiting for my return flight at McCarran. My wife said on her way to the ladies' room she saw a couple of people wearing MGC T-shirts. I asked, "Did you ask them if they stopped by the Pie Factory Podcast table?" She said, "NO!!! I was busy trying NOT to yell 'NERD ALERT!'"

• Like 4

Can you bring your Zenith green screen for my Sorcerer? I still want to get that off you somehow. :)

I'll probably be bringing the following (based on room)

Videobrain

Sorcerer

Arcadia 2001

MSX 2+

SV-328 (I have MUCH better games for it this year)

I just wanted to say thanks for bringing that Exidy Sorcerer! I really enjoyed playing around with it. I was surprised at how playable Defender (or defender clone?) was on it! That and the TRS-80 setup on the middle ring of tables were definitely the highlights of the museum room for me this year.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thanks for bringing that Exidy Sorcerer! I really enjoyed playing around with it. I was surprised at how playable Defender (or defender clone?) was on it!

I'm glad you liked it. I'll have it VCF Midewest as well.

Did you see the Asteroids clone I had running on it? I think it's an amazing version. I need to make a new copy of Kilopede (Centipede clone) as my tape seems to be bad. That's my favorite Sorcerer game at the moment.

• Like 1

I'm glad you liked it. I'll have it VCF Midewest as well.

Did you see the Asteroids clone I had running on it? I think it's an amazing version. I need to make a new copy of Kilopede (Centipede clone) as my tape seems to be bad. That's my favorite Sorcerer game at the moment.

No - I only got to play around with Defender. I should have have spent more time in the museum room, but there was just too much Pinball that needed to be played :)

• 4 months later...