IGNORED

Battle of the Ports

One nice thing about the Apple II version of Arkanoid is that it plays slower than most other ports. Normally this would be a minus, but when you suck as bad as I do at Arkanoid it's a big plus. The Apple II version is the only one I've ever beaten.

Now that's good for the likes of me too :)

I don't care for sports games much either, they have to be fairly specialized in how it is done. Neo Turf Masters/Mario Golf (GBC) style, F-Zero/old school Mario kart style, Baseball Stars ...that kind of stuff. I've never really had to deal with speeding tickets other the one time a cop intentionally set me up to get one nearly a decade ago. Dude was in an unmarked totally black mustang windows and all and tailgated me no more than 2-3ft off my bumper for nearly 2 miles. I was boxed in except up front so I sped up to get around the dude right of me (was in fast lane) and the ass writes me a ticket who caused the situation. Had I not been leaving town weeks later I would have fought it hoping he kept dash cam footage. Dude even at the side of the road acted smug and laughed about it, then did it immediately to another car as he pulled away from me and saw he had another pulled over a mile down the road again.

What a dick the cop was. At least these days we now have cameras in our cars so he couldn't get away with that any more. Hope I'd was fired for that. Police are ment to uphold the law, not act like crims.

I don't care for sports games much either, they have to be fairly specialized in how it is done. Neo Turf Masters/Mario Golf (GBC) style, F-Zero/old school Mario kart style, Baseball Stars ...that kind of stuff. I've never really had to deal with speeding tickets other the one time a cop intentionally set me up to get one nearly a decade ago. Dude was in an unmarked totally black mustang windows and all and tailgated me no more than 2-3ft off my bumper for nearly 2 miles. I was boxed in except up front so I sped up to get around the dude right of me (was in fast lane) and the ass writes me a ticket who caused the situation. Had I not been leaving town weeks later I would have fought it hoping he kept dash cam footage. Dude even at the side of the road acted smug and laughed about it, then did it immediately to another car as he pulled away from me and saw he had another pulled over a mile down the road again.

A good cop would have given you a ticket for driving in the left lane for so long without passing. This was definitely a bad cop because he gave you a ticket for actually doing the right thing, albeit 2 miles too late, and passing the guy to the right of you.

A good cop would have given you a ticket for driving in the left lane for so long without passing. This was definitely a bad cop because he gave you a ticket for actually doing the right thing, albeit 2 miles too late, and passing the guy to the right of you.

Umm no, it was a 4 lane freeway, not a 2 lane where the outer is passing. It was a trap for making money.

• Like 1

As someone who has multiple cops in his family, I can say to you all cops are just bullshit waiting to happen. I don't doubt the tactics used to run you into a ticket, because they sit in their patrol cars and masturbate to the idea of nabbing some "criminal" breaking a law because they forced their hand.

Not a fan of the cops, can you tell? LOL

Another classic from Tehkan this week with Star Force

I played Star Force in a hotel arcade in the 80s once, and really liked it, but couldn't remember the name after that, and never saw it again.. Took me about 25 years to find it here again on Atari Age. It wasn't as good as I remembered though, and lacking in power-ups.

T

I played Star Force in a hotel arcade in the 80s once, and really liked it, but couldn't remember the name after that, and never saw it again.. Took me about 25 years to find it here again on Atari Age. It wasn't as good as I remembered though, and lacking in power-ups.

It's definitely one of those games that seemed ground breaking at the time but now seems rather basic. Still for it's time it was rather good.

Star Soldier kind of suffers from that, even when they updated it on the GC Hudson Select exclusive into 3D, but gave it a bit more meat with some added modes later titles of the series had for point runs. Back then people were like whoa with the upper and lower plane fields to fly into to shoot/evade damage.

Star Soldier kind of suffers from that, even when they updated it on the GC Hudson Select exclusive into 3D, but gave it a bit more meat with some added modes later titles of the series had for point runs. Back then people were like whoa with the upper and lower plane fields to fly into to shoot/evade damage.

I guess they were just not accustom to trying new ideas like people were back in the older days.

Drugs, Pimps and gore from the late 80's. It's got to be NARC.

Are there any systems that you use emulation to show? I'm just curious because I know you're in Japan and you show off a lot of Euro exclusive stuff.

Yep, basically all the Euro computers are emulated as I don't own any of those.

I'm surprised there are so few NARC ports out there. You'd think it would have made more sense to port it to Sega Genesis and SNES too.

I guess the game was too old by the time those machines were in the lime light.

I'm surprised there are so few NARC ports out there. You'd think it would have made more sense to port it to Sega Genesis and SNES too.

Actually I'm surprised there are that MANY NARC ports. I only knew of the NES one, but I always assumed the Amiga and ST got one as well. Interesting to see that they were almost all European ports.

• Like 2

Actually I'm surprised there are that MANY NARC ports. I only knew of the NES one, but I always assumed the Amiga and ST got one as well. Interesting to see that they were almost all European ports.

Agreed... I only knew of the NES port! Nothing says family friendly wholesome Nintendo gaming like turning a syringe-throwing junkie with a mullet into flying, flashing, bloody chunks!

• Like 1