Tron 3 not totally dead?

41 replies to this topic

#26 Oscar G. OFFLINE  

Oscar G.

Stargunner

• 1,352 posts
  • Intellinaut

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:34 PM

Just play Snafu. It's basically TRON 3 for me.

Completely agree! I also saw Snafu as a Tron game :)

#27 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,679 posts

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:07 AM

Yeah, even though it predates Tron by almost a year I didn't get Snafu until after seeing the movie in 1982.

Funny that Tron was nominated for best costumes. At the time I thought it was CCM vs Cooper hockey helmets.

#28 moycon OFFLINE  

moycon

Quadrunner

• 22,097 posts
  • moycon?? What the hell is that??

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:18 AM

Did Tron : Uprising have a proper end, or was it one of those series that got cancelled and they just dropped it?

I do love me some Tron!! One of the coolest flicks ever, and the sequel was just as good!

#29 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Intellivoted

• 2,838 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:22 AM

It's just resting.

R.I.P.

(rests in plans)

#30 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

***Moon Patrol 5200*** *Moon Master2015* *Blue Max:Class 4*

• 7,674 posts
  • *Star Raiders 2* **Captain -CL 2**

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:18 PM

Did Tron : Uprising have a proper end, or was it one of those series that got cancelled and they just dropped it?

I do love me some Tron!! One of the coolest flicks ever, and the sequel was just as good!

Do you remember the stupid impossible cliffhanger at the end of Three Musketeers (2011) where the good guys win, but coming across the ocean is the Duke of Buckingham

who

with his fleet of hundreds of air ships.

The end of TRON Uprising was the same.  The good guys win, but coming across the ocean is Clu and hundreds of recognizers.  :D

As far as I'm concerned the story ended at a OK point, I ignore the stupid crazy cliffhanger.  Basically the good guys won.

But you are left wondering what happened to Bec by TRON: Legacy?   I think one of three things are possible:

1) Bec was defeated by Clu.

2) Bec went into retirement.

3) Bec continued to lead the revolt from Argon City, was winning, but Clu was keeping that hush hush and the reason of moving on to the real world. 

#31 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,501 posts

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:28 PM

#32 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 3,085 posts

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:46 PM

Yeah, even though it predates Tron by almost a year I didn't get Snafu until after seeing the movie in 1982.

As a kid, I always thought those games were rip-offs of Tron. I honestly had no idea that snake-type games existed before the movie! I was just young enough that I didn't really know what came out when... it was only years later and thanks to the Internet that I realized that Tron actually took an existing game genre and put it in the movie. Pretty damned cool, and worked much better than say a maze/dots game.

#33 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 3,205 posts

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:13 AM

It will one day be released in one form or another.

I REALLY loved the box that was made up for it........... :thumbsup:

#34 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 3,679 posts

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:55 AM

As a kid, I always thought those games were rip-offs of Tron. I honestly had no idea that snake-type games existed before the movie! I was just young enough that I didn't really know what came out when... it was only years later and thanks to the Internet that I realized that Tron actually took an existing game genre and put it in the movie. Pretty damned cool, and worked much better than say a maze/dots game.

Pacman does make a cameo appearance in the original movie. Do any other videogames?

#35 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 11,956 posts
  • The P-Machinery AGE is almost here!

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:37 AM

Pacman does make a cameo appearance in the original movie. Do any other videogames?

Yeah, Space Paranoids and Light Cycles.   :grin:

-dZ.

#36 doctorclu OFFLINE  

doctorclu

***Moon Patrol 5200*** *Moon Master2015* *Blue Max:Class 4*

• 7,674 posts
  • *Star Raiders 2* **Captain -CL 2**

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:14 AM

...  With Disney releasing movies every year to rabid Star Wars fans I'd give that about seven to eight years before this all looses steam.

:D    I was going to say "nailed it" but seems interest has burned out in more like three or four years for Star Wars.  :D

Love Rogue One and though I loved Solo it was a flop which saddened me.

As for the regular movies, episode seven was alright.   Episode eight I liked at first but hate it more as I look back on it.  

Episode Nine?   Meh.  Almost don't care.

I would like to see a Obi Wan or Boba Fett movie.   Those classic era movies have proven to be a fun ride.   I wouldn't even mind a Solo follow-up, though doubtful.

And as I look at my collection of TRON: Legacy toys, I still wonder how TRON 3 would have gone?  ;)

#37 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

Got vaporware?

• 15,091 posts
  • We're not buying it!

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 AM

To me, TRON is a music video. I can't recall much of the plot but the visuals linger in my mind. I would be happy with a 20 minute short film if Disney chooses to go back to that well one last time. I could understand wanting to leave it alone, though.

Clu-- the novel KENOBI is an enjoyable western and there's a good audiobook of it. It's one of my favorites in the series. It's not "canon" but neither is Thrawn in the old Zahn books. Recommended by me!

We will get a Fett-like story in THE MANDALORIAN on the Disney streaming channel pretty soon. A live action TV show seems like a better way to follow up SOLO than a big theatrical movie. I felt like that film would have worked better as a Game of Thrones type production, with lower budget and lower expectations as well. SOLO was fine as premium TV but fell short as a Major Motion Picture.

#38 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,501 posts

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:21 PM

Episode 7 and Rogue One are among my favourites. I liked Solo and Episode 8 alright, but need to watch them again.

#39 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

Quadrunner

• 5,153 posts

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:27 PM

For me Solo was a great movie, better then most of the 1to3 and 7to9 ... but like music/art/ext.. Its in the eye of the beholder

#40 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 12,254 posts
  • Running out of things to buy.

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 PM

I have enjoyed all 4 of the recent batch and am looking forward to EP9. I'm also stoked about watching the Mandalorian TV show on Disney Plus later this year. 👍🏻

#41 IMBerzerk OFFLINE  

IMBerzerk

Chopper Commander

• 232 posts

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 PM

Yeah, but don't forget that special episode from 1978 that unfortunately got left out... 

HBO's Hardware Wars!!!

Lol!

At 11:02 (if you can stand to watch it that long) is what some of the ultra technical conversations on our forum read like to me at times.   :grin:  :grin:

Enjoy... 

JR

#42 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 9,501 posts

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:56 PM

I loved hardware wars. Fluke Starbucker. "Tractor" beam. The X-Wing toaster :D

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users