IGNORED

Heatwave BBS CLOSED

Shift838

All,

Looks like Heatwave BBS has permanently been shut down. I tried to connect today and received the below.

Still 5 years is a good run. Thanks Kyle for the dedication and support to the TI/Geneve Users.

**EMSI_REQA77E
I have decided to permanantly close the
BBS. Thanks for everyone's support over
the last 5+ years. We had a great run!
-Kyle (Mad Hatter)
P.S. Dont forget to call:
The Hidden Reef (718)/448-9402
Fusion BBS - fusionbbs.ddns.net 9640

Mad Hatter and I have exchanged some ideas over the past few days.

This weekend I will review my available hardware and consider whether I will put Heatwave back online with its current user and message bases. I have wanted to create a Geneve-specific, Advanced BASIC version of the BBS for a long time, and this might be a good way to satisfy my BBS programming "desires".

And as we both realized, Heatwave is still appropriate for my current locale ;) No definite decision until I assess my hardware situation....

• Like 5

you can allways start a new bbs on some other computer that is vintage with the same bbs look as heatwave wear hardware is ezzy to get.

I know at times I thought about getting an old DOS machine to run old vintage BBS code like Vision/X or Emulex or some other variant to get it mass amounts of storage and it's easy to make themes for.

I've also thought of doing something similar, except with L.S.D. BBS (also a Forum hack, like ViSiON/X). Put it up on an old 386 or 486 and make it look like an old early 90's PC warez board. Who knows, maybe one of these days if I ever decide to Sysop again.

I know at times I thought about getting an old DOS machine to run old vintage BBS code like Vision/X or Emulex or some other variant to get it mass amounts of storage and it's easy to make themes for.

I've also thought of doing something similar, except with L.S.D. BBS (also a Forum hack, like ViSiON/X). Put it up on an old 386 or 486 and make it look like an old early 90's PC warez board. Who knows, maybe one of these days if I ever decide to Sysop again.

i have not tested connecting in with a real TI to an older DOS machine, but if I remember right with the UDS i was never able to get it figured out to not get double characters on the BBS side when I typed on the TI.

I tried many different modes for disconnect as Lantronix said they have seen it and 80 would fix it. It never did, but of course I was testing it within DOSBOX and not on real hardware.

Just an FYI if you ever went that route that it may not work. the new version of Mystic worked rock solid though.

..this sounds a little bit like "Echo Off" needed, was it AT E0 ?

the the double characters on happens when connected into a MSDOS based BBS. works fine on Atari, TI bbs and such.

If I ran a newer BBS for Windows like Mystic it would work fine with no changes.