IGNORED

TI-99/4A -- Tie Tac or Lapel Pin? (New Products)

Omega-TI

Does anyone here have the capability to manufacture a small lapel pin or tie tack?

I know wonders can be done with CnC machines now days. I was thinking a small TI-99/4A console shape could be cut out of a small piece of metal, and some small grooves etched in the surface, paint could be applied to the grooves. The result would be a nice looking black and silver item. ;-)

Who knows how many TI'ers you may discover in the course of a business day when they recognize the thing?

• Like 2

There is someone on AA that works in a machine shop here. In fact he is the one that makes all the nice old computer system logo's out of metal for wall-art here.

He may be able to do this.

I know I would probably buy a few. I don't wear ties anymore but they would make a good edition to my laptop bag. I am sure I can even put one on my guitar straps!

• Like 2

There is someone on AA that works in a machine shop here. In fact he is the one that makes all the nice old computer system logo's out of metal for wall-art here.

Yes, that would be CRAZYCLIMBER. I sent him a PM to check this thread out. If he can do it, and make a few TI-99/4A pins, which I think would be the easiest to make, he could probably do them for all the old classic systems.

• 4 weeks later...

anything come of this? there's a guy on facebook that had some made for his own purposes..

Cool! I'm not on Facebook, so I've not seen them, but it would sure be cool to see a couple of photos. Could you ask him where he got them made and what the unit cost was? I'd be interested in one for myself and possibly one for a prize a next years Fest West.

Well

I found << this one >> on eBay... but I don't want the TI logo... I want the TI-99/4A console.

The closest thing I've found with a console is << this >>.

Well i must say that the Morgan Flom one is not a simple TI Logo but it is the TI logo of the Home screen on the TI-99 :D i really like...

probably Morgan could do a personalized one if you asking.

• Like 1

Hey guys, ti99iuc & arcadeshopper just told me this thread was here.

I have just run out of the silver plated TI Screen Logo pins and have a few gold ones left, so I am making more.

This time I'll add the black nickel plating color too (looks black half the time and silver half the time depending upon angle of view.). They are 1.00" hard enamel pins (metal with enamel coloring), have smooth surface and one spur nail post on the back.

They should be ready a couple of weeks after I submit the order. That said, let me know here in this thread how many you'd like and whether you'd like gold, silver or black nickel plating and how many of each you would like. I'll put an order in next week. They'll be $4/ea plus UPS shipping.

Morgan

post-46496-0-52147100-1475170765_thumb.jpg

post-46496-0-94972900-1475170766_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...