xb demo

52 replies to this topic

#51 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,225 posts

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:58 AM

I've been using the excellent spriters-resource.com. For the Sylvester demo I used this one.

I'm not sure where to find / see the original animation, so out of the 7 frames, I selected 5, and rolls back and forth (1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2). If Sylvester stops walking I set the frame to the first one (looks as if he stands still). There seems to be a frame where he raises his hand, and another where he may be leaping. Also I reduced the colors to use only black and white, so the red nose turned black.

The animation needs 19x24 pixels, so I use the maximum of 4 sprites per horizontal line and has 2 sets (4 double-sized sprites horizontally) stacked (vertically). Here's a frame with 8 double-sized sprites ...

sylvester.one.frame.png

5 frames x 8 sprites x 4 characters = 160 characters = 1.25K. Adding the jump frame and one could make a nice little 8K game (maybe like Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle)

:)

Edited by sometimes99er, Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:05 AM.

#52 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,225 posts

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:49 AM

For the Daffy Duck demo I used this one. No compromise on number of colors.

At first glimpse the animation almost seems to only consist of 2 frames. There are 4 though. The size is 16x24 pixels. 3 double-sized sprites at the top and 2 sprites below. This would allow for other moving sprites in a game (on the same horizontal lines).

daffy.duck.frames.png

Edited by sometimes99er, Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:54 AM.

#53 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,225 posts

Posted Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:52 PM

For Bugs Bunny I used this one. The black outline is background characters, and then 4 double-sized sprites horizontally (at the top and only 2 below), - so I had to find somewhere with no carrot outline sprite interference (with respect to the maximum of 4 sprites horizontally).

bugs.bunny.png

Edited by sometimes99er, Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xb, demo

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users