IGNORED

Obscure Playstation controller add-ons for gameplay enhancement

ave1

I've got a new presentation up on my Youtube channel pertaining to obscure and forgotten controller add-ons of Generation 5 consoles of the 90's along with the Dreamcast (6th gen). Some highlights include the N64 VMU with microphone, Dreamcast microphone for Seaman, the PSX Playstick, Innovation's Racing Fighting games footpedal for the Playstation, Madcatz's Wrist Rumbler, and the Saturn Bomberman multitap. And my cat makes another appearance :)

For anyone here who's curious about video game history, you've come to the right channel.

Id say my favorite addons were always the 'taps' more people = more fun.

I'm the only one I know that bought the gameboy four player adapter and got to actually play faceball four player. Not sure what other games even support it.

Bomberman for deposit system here was always fun four player.

While I don't think ive ever used them I have the four player taps for the psx and ps2.

Neat video. Never saw that first addon but ive seen or owned most of the rest. Wanted the foot peddles but couldn't find if they could be programmed because so many of the racing games I had used different buttons for gas and break.

Edited by Video

Id say my favorite addons were always the 'taps' more people = more fun.

I'm the only one I know that bought the gameboy four player adapter and got to actually play faceball four player. Not sure what other games even support it.

Bomberman for deposit system here was always fun four player.

While I don't think ive ever used them I have the four player taps for the psx and ps2.

Neat video. Never saw that first addon but ive seen or owned most of the rest. Wanted the foot peddles but couldn't find if they could be programmed because so many of the racing games I had used different buttons for gas and break.

Yeah- I need to do some coverage of the portable game system controller add-ons including that Gameboy 4 player adapter. It's pretty cool.

I checked on the Racing Fighting Footpedal (PS1) and it appears that it's fully programmable. Put it in programming mode and select the button on the controller that you want substituted for the left pedal and than do it again for the right pedal. It says it's Dual Shock compatible, but I'm unsure if it will program each pedal for right stick up and right stick down gas and braking. I will have to look into that. I will also have to see if it's PS2 compatible...

Glad to hear from you!

Yeah- I need to do some coverage of the portable game system controller add-ons including that Gameboy 4 player adapter. It's pretty cool.

I checked on the Racing Fighting Footpedal (PS1) and it appears that it's fully programmable. Put it in programming mode and select the button on the controller that you want substituted for the left pedal and than do it again for the right pedal. It says it's Dual Shock compatible, but I'm unsure if it will program each pedal for right stick up and right stick down gas and braking. I will have to look into that. I will also have to see if it's PS2 compatible...

Glad to hear from you!

thanks for the info. I'll pick one up if I ever see it again.