just looking for one at the moment and can't find one anywhere :-( 

Any help much appreciated !

(Richard is out of stock)

#2 vectrexroli OFFLINE  

vectrexroli

Moonsweeper

• 449 posts

Posted Fri Sep 2, 2016 6:07 AM

If it needs to be a VecMulti and no other Vectrex flash- or multicart, I have seen on the "Vectrex Fans Unite!" Facebook group that Martijn from RevivalStudios is selling his Vectrex collection and there he is offering also a VecMulti. Don´t know if it is sold already though.

#3 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 13,730 posts

Posted Fri Sep 2, 2016 7:15 AM

Failing Roli's tip off, might want to e-mail Richard and ask if he happens to have any made or if you could be put on a list for the next time he produces a batch. Probably your best bet and it's how I ended up with mine. :)

#4 Stormbringer OFFLINE  

Stormbringer

Chopper Commander

• 175 posts

Posted Fri Sep 2, 2016 7:31 AM

I emailed Richard early in July asking for one and he said he was out of stock at the moment and would let me know when he had more but I havent heard a peep since.

#5 Funkyspectrum OFFLINE  

Funkyspectrum

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 2:20 AM

If it needs to be a VecMulti and no other Vectrex flash- or multicart, I have seen on the "Vectrex Fans Unite!" Facebook group that Martijn from RevivalStudios is selling his Vectrex collection and there he is offering also a VecMulti. Don´t know if it is sold already though.

thanks mate i am chasing this up as we speak although i did email martijn about a couple of his items and he never replied, hopefully tagging him on facebook will be more fruitful !

#6 Funkyspectrum OFFLINE  

Funkyspectrum

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 2:20 AM

also, i've asked richard and he says he's very busy right now and has no idea when he'll be doing more :-(

#7 Funkyspectrum OFFLINE  

Funkyspectrum

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 2:21 AM

it needs to be a cart that i can write roms to so that i can upgrade it with homebrew as and when such games arrive. there are a few titles already available that i would like that are no longer available in cartridge form :-( 

#8 vectrexroli OFFLINE  

vectrexroli

Moonsweeper

• 449 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 4:06 AM

it needs to be a cart that i can write roms to so that i can upgrade it with homebrew as and when such games arrive. there are a few titles already available that i would like that are no longer available in cartridge form :-( 

OK I see, the VecMulti is a nice solution, but just in case you don´t know another solution where you can write ROMs to a cartridge is the Mateos rewritable multigame cartridge you see in the video below around 9:10:

It is not SD card based so you get 16 games on one single cart and you can buy it from here:

http://www.vectrex.h...ction-mvbd-mvmc

#9 Funkyspectrum OFFLINE  

Funkyspectrum

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 66 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 6:28 AM

OK I see, the VecMulti is a nice solution, but just in case you don´t know another solution where you can write ROMs to a cartridge is the Mateos rewritable multigame cartridge you see in the video below around 9:10:

It is not SD card based so you get 16 games on one single cart and you can buy it from here:

http://www.vectrex.h...ction-mvbd-mvmc

is it possible to use the cart without the writer or do i have to buy the writer and the cart ? (the website is a little unclear, although i think i need the writer too)

also, i just found your youtube channel a couple of days ago - great channel mate i've been enjoying the videos !

#10 vectrexroli OFFLINE  

vectrexroli

Moonsweeper

• 449 posts

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 6:35 AM

is it possible to use the cart without the writer or do i have to buy the writer and the cart ? (the website is a little unclear, although i think i need the writer too)

also, i just found your youtube channel a couple of days ago - great channel mate i've been enjoying the videos !

Thanks ;-)

You need to buy the writer once and you can use it then for all Mateos flash carts.

#11 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,921 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Sun Sep 4, 2016 6:50 AM

Yes, you need the writer part (connects to your PC via USB), and then it functions with a number of different console format cartridges that Mateos has released.

Bonus function, you can also use the writer to dump cartridges you plug into it.

#12 Richard H. OFFLINE  

Richard H.

Stargunner

• 1,020 posts
  • VirtualBoy 32MBit cart

Posted Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:27 PM

I should have some VecMulti carts built next month (just about to order more PCB's).

#13 Vectrexer OFFLINE  

Vectrexer

Chopper Commander

• 245 posts

Posted Tue Nov 1, 2016 4:24 PM

I heard you had some more available.  Got picture of the current shell design and coloration?

#14 Richard H. OFFLINE  

Richard H.

Stargunner

• 1,020 posts
  • VirtualBoy 32MBit cart

Posted Thu Nov 3, 2016 8:19 AM

Yes, I finally found some time and built a batch of them. So they are now ready.

Attached Thumbnails

• VecMulti.jpg

#15 Stormbringer OFFLINE  

Stormbringer

Chopper Commander

• 175 posts

Posted Thu Nov 3, 2016 8:58 AM

Woohooo!!!

#16 haightc OFFLINE  

haightc

Star Raider

• 55 posts

Posted Thu Nov 3, 2016 12:07 PM

Awesome, I bought one these early this week. Looking forward to when it arrives !

#17 adamchevy OFFLINE  

adamchevy

Stargunner

• 1,094 posts

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:48 PM

Bought one a few weeks ago. The best multicart I have ever purchased. I really like the Menu Layout, and the included games. Great Job!

#18 Stormbringer OFFLINE  

Stormbringer

Chopper Commander

• 175 posts

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:47 AM

Just wanted to say that I got mine not too long ago and its amazing!! Thanks Richard!!!!

#19 haightc OFFLINE  

haightc

Star Raider

• 55 posts

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:03 PM

The case for mine broke in shipping but still works great!   That 3D printer dust takes some cleaning to get off the SD and PCB.    I have been really enjoying this cart, thanks for Richard to getting it to me so quickly!

#20 InfiniteTape OFFLINE  

InfiniteTape

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Fri Dec 2, 2016 1:42 PM

I received mine as well. It's a fantastic little device!

#21 cimmerian OFFLINE  

cimmerian

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:21 PM

Just got mine today! Thanks so much Richard for making these, especially these new ones with the SD card accessible!!

#22 Zennmaster OFFLINE  

Zennmaster

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:52 PM

Got mine today, thanks so much, Richard!

#23 ToyguyVT OFFLINE  

ToyguyVT

Space Invader

• 15 posts

Posted Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:38 PM

Mine just showed up today too.  Looking forward to taking it for a spin in a bit.  Shipping from the UK was surprisingly quick.  Thanks Richard!

#24 shantke OFFLINE  

shantke

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:16 PM

Late to the party and a newbie so apologies.  Is the Vecmulti still available? Do they work with NTSC and PAL machines? How much are they? How much is shipping to the US?

#25 haightc OFFLINE  

haightc

Star Raider

• 55 posts

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:43 PM

Richard was kind enough to send me a new case, this one was opaque but much more sturdy and snaps together easily.   I was pretty happy with my cart as is but it's nice I don't have to be gentle when it come time it insert/remove the cartridge.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users