IGNORED

Haunted House for Odyssey 2

atari2600land

I'm working on this in little sections of a few hours each so I don't get burned out. I worked on this for an hour early this morning. It's 2:30am right now. I worked and made it so you can go the rooms to the left and right. Tomorrow, I will work on up and down.

haunted3.zip

post-9475-0-69520600-1473067904_thumb.png

• Like 1

Back to work on this.

I stumbled upon a problem I never knew about until now: Sometimes when you enter a room around the edges, you can get trapped in the new room's wall.

So I fixed it and designed a second floor. I don't know if it will be 2k or 4k yet.

haunted10.bin

Since "Haunted House" is 12 characters long and the Odyssey 2 can only display 12 characters, that meant the lives counter, a character, disappeared during the title screen. So a name change happened. I'm now calling this game "Ghost Palace" for now, unless someone can think of a name 11 letters or shorter. I could have just used the quad2 or 3 for letters H, O, U, and S, but I didn't want the whole game to break, so I just did the name change. The game now goes to the title screen if the score or lives counter reach 0. I think the score can be 000, but anything above that (or below it?) makes the game go to the title screen and the score is displayed as 000.

haunted11.bin

Edited by atari2600land

What about if you change the name of the game to "13 GHOSTS" I just googled HAUNTED HOUSE and I found a scattering of a history of Haunted House films,

One of them that caught my eye was a movie from 1960 called "13 GHOSTS"

Here is the WIKI on it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_Ghosts

And low and behold, the full-length movie is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilhjcir_OUw

It appears it was a 3-D type of movie... at certain times the screen would change to a blue color, which would mean to try viewing the movie through the

3-D glasses that were handed as you went into the movie theatre... Wow, now I want to see what it looks like with those glasses!

Just an idea... could always change the name of the game to "12 GHOSTS" perhaps some of the gameplay could be based on the plot of this movie...

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Since "Haunted House" is 12 characters long and the Odyssey 2 can only display 12 characters, that meant the lives counter, a character, disappeared during the title screen. So a name change happened. I'm now calling this game "Ghost Palace" for now, unless someone can think of a name 11 letters or shorter. I could have just used the quad2 or 3 for letters H, O, U, and S, but I didn't want the whole game to break, so I just did the name change. The game now goes to the title screen if the score or lives counter reach 0. I think the score can be 000, but anything above that (or below it?) makes the game go to the title screen and the score is displayed as 000.

What about "Horror House"? It should make people do a double-take when said in conversation. Or, you could just shorten the name and make it "Haunted Ho".

That aside, nice looking game. Kinda like the Videopac title "Nightmare", if only that had been any good. Look forward to seeing this as a cart.