IGNORED

Vectrex problem - anyone repair in the United Kingdom?

marioweezer

Hi everyone. I bought my second Vectrex console recently and it worked fine for a few days until the display started slanting to the right. Now the text is completely unreadable (see the attachment which shows the boot-up screen) and the collision detection is off, meaning I can't play any games with it. Everything else works perfectly though, e.g. clear sound, console boots up quickly, etc.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Also, are there any repair experts in the United Kingdom that might be able to fix this for me?

Thanks for your help if you can!

Rob.

post-42150-0-13447000-1473283518_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Join the facebook Vectrex Fans Facebook page if you can and ask on there.

First think I would do is take it apart and clean all the dust out and re-seat everthing.

It doesn't always work but its the first thing I would do. Of course take the precautions you need to

as the Tube can hold the high voltage even when its off, plenty of info about that around.

Not saying this is the issue, but it couldn't hurt and mentions specifically having to do with Vector alignment. I tried this on one I have that has broken vectors everywhere and it did NOT correct the issue, but again, it can't hurt and it worth the try?

https://console5.com/store/vectrex-integrator-cap-kit.html