IGNORED

Ultimate SD Cart run, US source, Nov 30 ship date, 25 in run

MacRorie

Folks,

Many moons ago, I promised electrotrains that I would be a US manufacturer of his Ultimate SD carts. In the process, I got sidetracked in re-creating the R-Time8 cart.

Now that that process is done (and available for sale!), I moved on to fulfilling my promise. In July, I placed an order for all of the parts and the PCBs, made the cartridge housing, etc.

I have everything I need for 25 of them, except for the FPGA chips. . . .y'know, the heart of the cartridge.

The production delays have been significant, but I am assured by the supplier (Digi-Key & Mouser) that Altera will ship Nov 10. As such, I want to let you know that I will have 25 available for shipment in late November.

So as to not compete with Santos on price, I will offer then at the same price of $85 +$7 US priority mail shipping with a custom made case & the original ElectroTrains label. If you do NOT want a case (or have your own), you can save $10 ($75+$7). Canada shipping is $10!! Yes! I can probably do EU for $15. Check first! I can ship to the EU/UK, but it is not cheap. I had devised a workaround that I thought would work. Unfortunately, there are postal regulations about "flexibility" (You cannot make this stuff up folks : http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immc2_016.htm#ep2368172). So, if you want one from me and you like outside of the US/Canada: US$34 for shipping. Sorry

I have three people on the waiting list right now. There will be 25 total made. That leaves 22 for others. If I sell all 25, I will try to get more chips, but there are no guarantees. If you are interested, please send me a PM.

If you live outside of the United States/Canada/ and want one, United States to anywhere international varies immensely and will be handled on a case by case basis. I would think Santos is your primary source outside of the US for that reason, but I am more than willing to help.

I will post updates as to when chips ship/arrive/assembled et cetera.

Thanks for listening

-M

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I really need one. Gave one to my Buddy on the Xegs Podcast to assist in game reviews playing on real hardware.

How do I sign up for this preorder? I would like one with the enclosure as well :) Thanks.

Just send me a PM. Also, to confirm with what I said on the other thread: Mouser & DIgi-Key are citing Altera on a November 21 ship date. I am not requiring a deposit. Just send me a PM here. When I have the cartridges assembled and ready to ship, I will simply go down the list and ask for full payment. You will need to pay within a week. After that, I will move to the next person on the list.

*IF* Altera does indeed ship, I predict a Dec 5 request for payment and a Dec 10 ship date.

Thanks!

post-16779-0-72212100-1475020654_thumb.png

Just send me a PM. Also, to confirm with what I said on the other thread: Mouser & DIgi-Key are citing Altera on a November 21 ship date. I am not requiring a deposit. Just send me a PM here. When I have the cartridges assembled and ready to ship, I will simply go down the list and ask for full payment. You will need to pay within a week. After that, I will move to the next person on the list.

*IF* Altera does indeed ship, I predict a Dec 5 request for payment and a Dec 10 ship date.

Thanks!

Hi sent you a PM.

There are 12 carts reserved. As soon as the FPGAs get here, I will definitely have parts for 25. If there is interest, I can see about making more.

ALSO: Shipping to Canada is also only $10. I figured a way to do it that keeps the item secure but does not cost an arm and a leg!

I want one (with housing). What I have to do...? (PM?)

A PM--with an email address for contact--would be great. As stated, I expect a Dec 5 call for payment (in full) and a Dec 10 ship date. I have your handle in the list. (#18), please send me a PM with an email contact. Thanks!