IGNORED

Nap Protos for Sale!

storm36969

When all of this calms down, can someone explain how these are any different than all those piles of EPROMS that show up on Ebay from time to time that various developers burned of existing games? Wasn't use of the term "prototype" just a euphemism for someone in-house at a competing company illegally copying games for their own use? I mean, I get that whoever burned these used NAP materials to make the copies, but other than the curiosity of using those materials, the games themselves are just really pirate bootlegs, aren't they? I also thought this issue was discussed in connection with these specific games four years ago now...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/198885-my-new-prototypes/

No they are NOT pirate bootlegs.. Pirate bootlegs are copies that someone makes for either their personal use, or for selling purposes, these were carts that were used to pass back and forth between developers to learn from and to make changes on, hence the reason for the screws in the case. They were not copied by competing companies, but say developer A is working on a new game for Atari, he needs some help with sprite blits for instance, he contacts either Atari directly or asks another company that also is making carts for Atari for permission and can you send me x game code. I need to copy the blit code or I need to know what I need to add to the cart board to add the 4K extra ram. That is what these Nap/Probe 2000 carts were used for. They were obtained legally from the other companies with their permission hence is the reason why I don't understand why ebay throws a fit everytime a proto goes up for sale.. These carts were passed back and forth between various Atari sub companies so either changes could be made to a game they were working on together or passed to sub atari companies which really all worked for atari anyways as a means to learn from each other.

No they are NOT pirate bootlegs.. Pirate bootlegs are copies that someone makes for either their personal use, or for selling purposes, these were carts that were used to pass back and forth between developers to learn from and to make changes on, hence the reason for the screws in the case. They were not copied by competing companies, but say developer A is working on a new game for Atari, he needs some help with sprite blits for instance, he contacts either Atari directly or asks another company that also is making carts for Atari for permission and can you send me x game code. I need to copy the blit code or I need to know what I need to add to the cart board to add the 4K extra ram. That is what these Nap/Probe 2000 carts were used for. They were obtained legally from the other companies with their permission hence is the reason why I don't understand why ebay throws a fit everytime a proto goes up for sale.. These carts were passed back and forth between various Atari sub companies so either changes could be made to a game they were working on together or passed to sub atari companies which really all worked for atari anyways as a means to learn from each other.

None of that could possibly be accurate. You have games from competitors of Atari which were formed by employees that Atari was upset to loose and indeed tried to take legal action against. While developers probably did and still do share what they are working on with employees of their competitors, doing so is a violation of the NDAs developers sign and potentially damaging to their employers. Indeed, NAP was a competitor to Atari and Activision and Imagic and there was never any agreement between them to help each other. Where did you even get this story from?

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 1

JLanier the person who purchased Pink Panther from me. At the end of the phone call he said I would like to give you some information on these Nap/Probe 2000 protos if you don't mind.. This is what they were really used for.. etc... Then he told me what they were worth.. Even if they are what you said, according to the people in that posting in the link above also mentioned that I should put a $75 reserve price on each cart which is almost what JLanier said so he was pretty close in his estimation. According also to that post they are still valuable, because of the boards, and hardware and the fact that they are in Nap / Probe 2000 shells. He also told me to mention the word Protos Nap/Probe 2000 in my ebay auctions. I still have those other games tucked away somewhere at my other house, I just have to find them in my mess of an ex-room.

Thanks for showing me that post, I forgotten all about him appraising them also.

Ken

Look here what he says at the end of the conversation.. Here is your appraisal back what did you say 4 years ago, well closer to 5 now that its September, so I was close when I said 5..

post-33035-0-04837100-1473966824_thumb.png

He stated in the conversation above that if they are copies that nap employees made from that employee that left and went to nap, that they are still rare because noone has seen these boards / hardware combinations inside nap/probe 2000 cart cases before.

Edited by storm36969

Look here what he says at the end of the conversation.. Here is your appraisal back what did you say 4 years ago ?

attachicon.gifNap Protos Appraisal suggestion.png

What are you talking about? That's not an "appraisal", that's what one user who isn't even in this current thread estimated at the time. I'm not saying what you have is worthless, but it's also not what you have described it as or believe it to be. Bottom line, somebody with access to NAP components burned a bunch of games from other manufacturers using those parts and some collectors may find that interesting but many will not.

I did not mis-represent these in any way, I described them using the exact words he said, and it is NOT one user, but two that appraised them within $25 of each other. I had another user who told me a different story behind these cases / cartridges. So, no matter who is right, they are valuable, I have them, I want to sell them, I'm sorry for any confusion, I was told they were prototypes, because as you can see in the final post by another user who states he has that space invaders game and it was NOT final version as the gun didn't even fit underneath the shield yet. Can we please get back to some money talk please, now that, that is settled. Since he showed me this other post, I will accept as the opening bid $75 on each cart instead of $100. I might make a better deal on the bundle, just contact me, today is thursday and in order for the $ to even show in my account by saturday it has to be posted by pay-pal to my bank account today.. ;'( Like I said before I'm disabled with crohns disease I can send you a pic of me with my bag on my side showing and my drivers license no I'm not giving u a sob story this is the way it is folks.. I'm in debt because of a scammer, luckily he didn't get the monitor, so if anyone wants a P-Active 1910a Drawing tablet monitor cheap, hit me up, because they have sold recently on ebay for $409, I'll sell it for $300, maybe $250 but this time I must see the money in my pay-pal NO CHECKS EVER MORE! On The carts either make me an offer on each or an offer on the lot.. Thanks for listening, I don't want this to turn into a slugfest as I'm trying to sell these, thanks.

Edited by storm36969

Ok, I saw the back of the proto in the 1st picture. You mentioned that these are WIP games so if you turn them on and play them, they should play a bit differently. Can you please play the games and record your play. With that information, I can give you a fair offer. If you cannot do that, I would have to offer you a lower amount that you may not like. I do not mind paying more but would like to see the games in action before I do that.

Private msg me on here w/ Name of Cartridge and Amount Your Willing to Pay, or you can contact me @ : storm36969@gmail.com with Subject: "Atarti Proto" and put "Name of Cartridge" & "Amount Your Willing to Pay" in the body.

PS: ** THANK YOU for Helping Us Out, As The $$$ from these are going to help My Daughter and I get the essentials for our new apartment... **

some needed humor ... what is an "Atarti"?

also ... any Hello Kitty bikes involved?

• Like 4

Sorry to burst your bubble, but those aren't prototypes. They're simply copies that someone made of production games. This was fairly common at large companies where employees had access to equipment to copy games. Interesting perhaps, but not the same as an official prototype from a company that developed the game. They're worth a little something, but not in the same league as a real prototype.

And before you rant that I'm an ignorant person who hasn't done his research, I'll point you to my page: http://www.atariprotos.com/

• Like 9

Private msg me on here w/ Name of Cartridge and Amount Your Willing to Pay, or you can contact me @ : storm36969@gmail.com with Subject: "Atarti Proto" and put "Name of Cartridge" & "Amount Your Willing to Pay" in the body.

Pictures of Nap Cartridges Are Up for Verification Purposes, Sales are OPEN.

YES They work, and have been all tested and stored very carefully after such. Just Ask Johnathan Laneer Who purchased the pink panther nap proto from me, for $2000.00 and a Playstation 3 version 1 never opened.

Someone asked what are nap prototypes well here is the answer in a picture instead of 1000 words ;')

attachicon.gifwhat are atari 2600 nap - probe 2000 prototypes.png

attachicon.gifDragon Fire Open.jpgattachicon.gifDragon Fire.jpg

attachicon.gifdragonfire back.jpg

attachicon.gifICE HOCKEY 1 Open.jpgattachicon.gifICE Hockey 1.jpg

attachicon.gifice hockey 1 back.jpg

attachicon.gifICE Hockey 2 Open.jpgattachicon.gifICE Hockey 2.jpg

attachicon.gifIce Hockey 2 Back.jpg

attachicon.gifMega Mania Open.jpgattachicon.gifMega Mania.jpg

attachicon.gifMega Mania Back.jpg

attachicon.gifPac-Man Open.jpgattachicon.gifPac-Man.jpg

attachicon.gifpac man back.jpg

PS: ** THANK YOU for Helping Us Out, As The $$$ from these are going to help My Daughter get a Hello Kitty bicycle and I get the essentials for our new apartment... **

Atarti or do you mean Atati?? Janet Maddox Goree?? or Backin89?? I guess this is your new life...

post-32978-0-08542500-1473989695.jpg

• Like 3

Hehehe, very funny, but the stress I was being put under to take pics of this can you show me that, I'm amazed I didn't Misspell every word. Here's the deal, the games play fine, some are different with diff sprite sizes, some just have diff colors. I'm not about to play test all of them for a petty $100 each.. Someone pony's up some money, then, and only then will I take requests. If they are just company copies then Pink Panther must have been a measly company copy.. oh well it brought me $2000. That's OK, either you want them or you don't. Like I said earlier circumstances forced me to have to sell these, you should have taken advantage, because now, I DON'T HAVE TO Sell these. I'm covered so make all the fun you want. This is your last chance to buy them at a fair price and stop trying to low ball me. If noone buys at a fair price tomorrow by 5:00pm I will take them off the market.

Good Night Y'all <----- There is more for you to laugh at.. Hahaha..

Ken

This is your last chance to buy them at a fair price and stop trying to low ball me. If noone buys at a fair price tomorrow by 5:00pm I will take them off the market.

I would not even buy them at $100 a piece. So you can not even accuse me of low balling you. Just my opinion.

And BTW: Fair Price = Not determined by you.

• Like 5

I'm going to smoke, my nerves are shot.. I'll BRB..

sorry I can't help it

post-30739-0-60603300-1473991517_thumb.jpg

I hope it's just regular cigs!

well not really because cigs are very bad for you and i want you to be healthy

PS - Ken, no disrespect intended, you really had to be there! just a bit of fun for AAers because I have absolutely NO knowledge of the items you are selling!

• Like 4

I would not even buy them at $100 a piece. So you can not even accuse me of low balling you. Just my opinion.

And BTW: Fair Price = Not determined by you.

Yea, whatever you say cupcake, because you have brought sooo many rare protos to light.. Have anyone on this forum right here found a genuine pink panther? Alright enough said. Thanks for the defamatory statements and pics btw riverpatroller I will be saving and talking to a lawyer about your online terrorism. I have been nothing but honest, and up front, I have done everything you have requested to this point, take pics of the boards ok, take pics of the back of the boards, ok, oh well umm can you record yourself playing all of them 1 at a time, yea cuz I have hours of my time to waste for $0 an hour. Whatever if you don't want them thats fine, I don't care jlanier on here these very forums knows that I'm trustworthy and can be trusted he has purchased a game most of you can only dream of owning from me, and guess what it worked, and yes it was what I stated it was not some pirated this or that made in my basement. So all the trolls can go back to dancing at the end of the shreck movies. I will be pulling them down once I get back from my Football game, where my kid starts at noseguard, and my daughter plays in the band, so yes, I have a LIFE maybe some of you should try it.

Ciao' 4 Now,

StOrM3