IGNORED

New Atari Jaguar Game by Piko Interactive

marchizilla

Im not sure this has been 100% officially answered/cleared up since I think Piko and the people asking the question are reading it differently.

About this being a "port" of the ST version. Reading between the lines this is NOT an ST binary modifed to run on the Jag like CJ does.

Piko is calling it a "port" of the Amiga version.

I am reading this as Piko has programming this game from scratch utilizing the look/feel of the Amiga version.

Is it *not* a binary hack to run on the Jag.

So Piko if you can confirm what I said is correct then the port question will be answered.

Sorry If I confuse you with the word port, is a word that use a lot.

It is a direct port of the st version (but running faster) with the Amiga music. The Amiga version is a direct port of the st, so this is closer to the Amiga version.

And this version will be used to make the GBA and Genesis ports/conversions.

• Like 1

Piko can you tell us about yourselves? Beyond whats on your website.

How many members, administrators, programmers etc?

I (Eli) run Piko full time, im the owner and founder and decision maker. I make and admin the website, solder and assemble carts and ship orders, I sweep and clean up the shop, work on deals, business relations, licensing, sometimes design the packaging art etc.

However I have a very close group of people each with special skills for certain things. Basically I got a guy for everything that we need to do. Some of the members of my team have been working with me (remotely) since 2013, others come and go. I work with programmers, hackers, artist, composers, etc.

Is hard to give you a number of members because all of them work by contract and by project, some more than others. But all of them for sure a very good at what they do.

Edited by PikoInteractive

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking through the PikoInteractive site and reading about Proto/Copyright Acquisitions. I was wondering if Jim Power: The Lost Dimension is being considered for a physical release on the Atari Jaguar should Custodian do well? = )

Can you post some of those acqusitions chaos? I can't open them on my ipad please :)

• 3 weeks later...

I like the new cartridge boards. Any chance you will be selling bareboards to the homebrew market so we can stop desoldering old copies of Cannon Fodder? :-)

Also, any update on when Custodian is shipping to pre-orders?

Thanks for all you do!

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Every post Atari game, from Telegames, Songbird, Scatologic/4Play with Battlesphere, Reboot, the Another World and Xenon 2 releases all have either the original Jaguar logo or the late era Jaguar logo with the white 'stroke' around it. Combined with the info three posts above, I'm pretty sure you're safe.

I believe Telegames actually received a license from JTS.

Release Info From Atari's Website in 1997:

https://web.archive.org/web/19970203072023/http://www.atari.com:80/hot/3rd/telegame.htm

Interview with Telegames From Atari HQ, late 90's:

http://www.atarihq.com/jaglynx/grantham.html