Photo

Wanted: Homebrew demos for PRGE!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,924 posts

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:16 PM

I'm looking for new homebrew games to demo at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

If you have a game you're currently developing for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit Computers, Jaguar, Intellivision or ColecoVision, it'll be far enough along to be playable at the show, you'd like to display it in a public venue, and we haven't yet spoken about it, please send me a PM and we can talk. I try not to have more than one or two games per system at the show, and each game gets its own 8" x 10" display placard to describe the game a bit so people (who take the time to read the placards) can better understand the gameplay.  :)

Thanks!

..Al 

#2 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,257 posts

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:50 PM

Al, do you have any Intellivision submissions yet?

#3 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 33,924 posts

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:56 PM

Hmmmmmm...I may need to get back to you on that.

.Al

#4 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,296 posts

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:07 PM

I think I can get a demo of a certain game if you get an intv console.

#5 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,381 posts

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:12 PM

I do recall Al have as many Intellivision consoles stashed in his vault like cmart does.  I'm not sure how many Colecovision system he has.  I still do have some games that you can demo for Colecovision and maybe Intellivision when I get close to finish with this one.

#6 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

Stargunner

• 1,813 posts

Posted Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:18 PM

I do recall Al have as many Intellivision consoles stashed in his vault like cmart does.  I'm not sure how many Colecovision system he has.  I still do have some games that you can demo for Colecovision and maybe Intellivision when I get close to finish with this one.

The Colecovision was really non existent last year other than Collectorvision's table

#7 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 33,924 posts

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:05 AM

I do indeed have many Intellivision consoles. I even have three that are modified with composite output, so those are ideal for use at shows like this. I also have similarly modified ColecoVisions. I know there will be at least one ColecoVision running at the booth. :)

..Al

#8 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 2,899 posts

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:49 AM

Let me know if you need something on the Intellivision. It's less of a demo and more of a completed-and-being-sold-at-PRGE game, but hey what can you do?

#9 Arenafoot OFFLINE  

Arenafoot

Dragonstomper

• 770 posts
  • videogamestores.net/

Posted Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 PM

I'm looking for new homebrew games to demo at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo!

If you have a game you're currently developing for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit Computers, Jaguar, Intellivision or ColecoVision, it'll be far enough along to be playable at the show, you'd like to display it in a public venue, and we haven't yet spoken about it, please send me a PM and we can talk. I try not to have more than one or two games per system at the show, and each game gets its own 8" x 10" display placard to describe the game a bit so people (who take the time to read the placards) can better understand the gameplay.  :)

Thanks!

..Al 

possibly Spies in the Night could be demo'd since you're already making my cart, Al.   :thumbsup:

#10 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 2,702 posts

Posted Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:55 AM

I do indeed have many Intellivision consoles. I even have three that are modified with composite output, so those are ideal for use at shows like this. I also have similarly modified ColecoVisions. I know there will be at least one ColecoVision running at the booth. :)

..Al

That is great Al, I will be bringing a demo to test there just for fun! :)

#11 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

Stargunner

• 1,793 posts

Posted Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:28 PM

My game had only gotten debugged well enough to play just days before the show... darn it :P

But now it IS in a playable state.

-Thom

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users