IGNORED

@ JEDIMATT - Question about your keyboard interface...

Omega-TI

Matt,

Since you are using a wireless keyboard with your USB keyboard adapter I have a question. Have you given any thought to upgrading it's capabilities with a wireless mouse as well?

For instance the Logitech keyboards have USB receivers that will accept data from a keyboard AND a mouse. Do you think it would be possible to add a little code that could 'set the new standard' for a modern day mouse on the TI? This could be the next big thing. Just an idea.

The library I use inside the arduino 'Teensy 3.2' comes with mouse support. I haven't tried it. Interfacing that to the TI... I think should be done with a DSR. Or in the least, a memory mapped device, so something like a VDP interrupt can move a sprite to follow... and process the mouse click up or down state.

It is the kind of thing that needs to be coupled with software.

I have a Geneve. The mouse isn't even plugged in... There is a paint program... I've had an amiga and played games that were mouse controlled... I hate that. Unless it is something like 'casual' games like minesweeper...

Here is where I do enjoy a mouse and the TI... classic99, the first time I used it, I just clicked on the TI menu numbers, and it worked, and I didn't even realize the TI shouldn't be able to do that... This has been done before on the TI real iron with a serial mouse I believe. Reviving that might be interesting.

I don't know, could the TI process DSR interrupts for IO cards fast enough to track mouse movement? The DSR interrupt routine would need to create/place the sprite, and gchar on click, and then submit a keypress... Can keypresses be injected by writing to the address where the KSCAN routine leaves it's data? Or, how was the serial version injecting keypresses?

-M@

there's mechatronic mouse for the 4/a. try it in mess sometime.. works great.. I have one but it's dead, haven't had a chance to figure out why. works great in tiartist with a small assembly driver for it.. Also has an xbasic assy program that you load to connect the mouse directly to a sprite, and return clicks etc.. all on a stock TI with 32k.. i also have mousedesk i wrote that uses that all in xb.. I can repost the video if you haven't seen it. asgard put out a mouse but i have no experience, also there is supposedly a serial mouse driver out there for stuff but I haven't been able to dig that up either.

The geneve mouse can be used just like the mechatronic mouse in TIxb under gpl too.

Greg