4 replies to this topic

#1 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• 4,225 posts

Posted Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:49 PM

Just a quick little XB thingy.  ;)

[attachment=468602:powerdroids.dsk]

Power droids are unsophisticated droids that act as ambulatory batteries, recharging vehicles and machinery. They are equipped with a small, internal power generator, and several plug-in sockets. They are commonly found on under-developed worlds that do not have an expansive power grid, or in mobile military operations.

Although they are extremely important to both military and civilian life, power droids are so commonly encountered in the galaxy that they often go unnoticed. The GNK droid by Industrial Automaton and the EG-series droid by Veril Line Systems are popular power droids. Both are commonly referred to as "gonks" after the low honking sound they can emit.

power.droids.1.jpg

power.droids.2.jpg

Edited by sometimes99er, Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:58 AM.

#2 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,225 posts

Posted Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:52 PM

Thanks for views, downloads and likes. ;)

powerdroids1.gif

As I indicated, there's nothing much to it. Here are some notes anyway.
  • Using program LOAD to auto-load and run, leaves the screen cleared. You can leave out the initial CALL CLEAR.
  • It starts up with a bit of confusion, as it mimics TI BASIC startup.
  • After a short delay, and preferably before you hit QUIT, a message is slowly appearing.
  • The cursor is going to change, and in this case I'm adding legs, so the lines are moved up to make the change visible.
  • The new cursor is a sprite and then simply travels slowly across the screen with a gonky soundeffect.
  • I try to make good use of user-defined subprograms.
8)

;)

Edited by sometimes99er, Tue Apr 3, 2018 12:40 AM.

#3 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you.

• 16,215 posts
  • I deride your truth-handling abilities.

Posted Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:07 AM

tumblr_ma3vc0rLPr1rozqx6o1_540.gif

#4 sometimes99er OFFLINE  

sometimes99er

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,225 posts

Posted Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:37 AM

This was just a small spin-off on something else I was doing for a game.

The idea of starting out with something resembling TI Basic is not totally scrapped. And the cursor is your friend. - It's a platformer. ;)

So every time Sinphaltimus touches his Zombi game, I think of platformers and different routes of potential. Just made a count, and there's 4 platformer projects out of the 17 active. Occasionally some come and some go.

I've touched the Star Wars theme a few times, but right now, nothing's active. Otherwise a nice and well-known universe to exploit - as a fan project of course. ;)

#5 Retrospect OFFLINE  

Retrospect

Stargunner

• 1,140 posts

Posted Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 PM

I can't believe I've only just seen this.

You're an inspiration truly.  Those SUB thingy's are awesome I'm gonna have to do some coding involving that style.

It's probably faster than a gosub or more byte friendly too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xb, demo

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users