IGNORED

Hi-Score Today

Trinity

7800 FAT AXL, from ProSystem Console - 5,000

It's similar to the 2600 Fast Food. You control Axl with your joystick by eating burgers, tacos, onion rings, beer etc. and moving across the screen (press fire button only to start the game). Avoid touching Slash and poodle.

Fat Axl is one of 2 cartridges for 7800 which I received together with my Edladdin Super 78 joystick (another one is Scammer Brawler).

post-24681-0-55500600-1486083844_thumb.jpg

I haven't been doing a whole lot of high score runs lately, but today I decided to get back into the action and set the HighScore.com world record in one of my favorite NES / Famicom games. :)

Summer Carnival '92: RECCA (Famicom, Normal Game): 1,823,725

https://youtu.be/7s_Tnrv_S1c

I94FWpV.jpg

wko6jUo.jpg

• Like 1

Got a new NES Advantage, so I tested it out with 1943...

Had turbo fire on, but made it to about level 10 or 11 before dying. Score of 949100.

People don't like the shotgun or whatever it's called... the one that shoots out circles... anyway, it's my favorite. Since it destroys bullets, it essentially makes it so that you have fewer things to try to dodge. The little planes go down quick enough and anything larger (bombers or turrets on ships) you can just sit mostly still and concentrate on them with the main guns which are a little more powerful (got to keep it built up to that second level where the regular bullets are coming out the front.) The bullet destroying aspect of the shotgun means you don't have to dodge as much, so you can just sit there and hammer them.

At the beginning of the game, I always put my three points in so it looks like an E. One in the top, one on the middle, and one on the bottom. As I play, I kind of watch what I seem to be running out of faster and either put any additional points in energy or SW time limit accordingly. If both seem to be doing well, I put it either in Defense or Offense, but usually err on the side of Defense. (Be sure to watch for the sparkles to let you know there's a hidden item and get any that you can. They ALL help.)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents... Only wish I had kept track of time so I could put it on my "What have you played" post later this week. ;-)

post-21069-0-58373300-1487180504_thumb.jpg

Got a new NES Advantage, so I tested it out with 1943...

Had turbo fire on, but made it to about level 10 or 11 before dying. Score of 949100.

People don't like the shotgun or whatever it's called... the one that shoots out circles... anyway, it's my favorite. Since it destroys bullets, it essentially makes it so that you have fewer things to try to dodge. The little planes go down quick enough and anything larger (bombers or turrets on ships) you can just sit mostly still and concentrate on them with the main guns which are a little more powerful (got to keep it built up to that second level where the regular bullets are coming out the front.) The bullet destroying aspect of the shotgun means you don't have to dodge as much, so you can just sit there and hammer them.

At the beginning of the game, I always put my three points in so it looks like an E. One in the top, one on the middle, and one on the bottom. As I play, I kind of watch what I seem to be running out of faster and either put any additional points in energy or SW time limit accordingly. If both seem to be doing well, I put it either in Defense or Offense, but usually err on the side of Defense. (Be sure to watch for the sparkles to let you know there's a hidden item and get any that you can. They ALL help.)

Anyway, that's my 2 cents... Only wish I had kept track of time so I could put it on my "What have you played" post later this week. ;-)

Heh. Last year I played 1943 for a NintendoAge contest. I believe I made it to stage 10 with a score of 863,400. That was good enough for 8th place in the contest. That game is brutally difficult and we weren't allowed to use turbo.

The top three scores were all over two million points. That's insane.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=159557

Atari 2600 from ProSystem Console - ROLLAGE on 2 games which I played this week

Defender, Game 1-BB - 1,000,000+ (During this gameplay, I made notes of my partial scores on my identification paper, at the ending of every 10th wave - Waves 10, 20, 30 etc.)

post-24681-0-64627200-1488498263_thumb.jpg post-24681-0-83061400-1488498279_thumb.jpg post-24681-0-88912100-1488498304_thumb.jpg

Yars' Revenge, Game 2-AA (Normal Game with fast swirl in mid-air and strong destroyer missile) - 1,000,000+

post-24681-0-05375100-1488498426_thumb.jpg post-24681-0-74935100-1488498450_thumb.jpg post-24681-0-97447500-1488498464_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got bored / frustrated with the racing and sports games for this round of the Atari 2600 High Score Club, so I decided to spend some time playing something a little more my style instead. As luck would have it I managed to set the HighScore.com world record in the process! :o

Scramble (Arcade, played on Konami Collector's Series: Arcade Advanced for Game Boy Advance): 93,260

XM6ZRVM.jpg

Cs9u7TC.jpg