IGNORED

Hi-Score Today

Trinity

Taken directly from my all time high score records sheet.

Btw - this is one hell of an amazing new version of the game. Love it!

DONKEYKONG XM

(NOVICE)(US MODE)(START LEVEL ONE)(122,900)

(7/6/17)(MADE IT TO THE 6TH LEVEL)

(ARCADE)(JAPANESE MODE)(START LEVEL ONE)(76,700)

(7/6/17)(MADE IT TO THE 4TH LEVEL)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Space Invaders (Game Boy): 13,890

4xVCxec.jpg

ifqK560.jpg

Is that the same version that is on the SNES? (i think i read somewhere it was)

Damn Dude that is a great score! :cool: I'd like to see a video of that. I can't even get more than a couple thousand points.

Edited by Trinity

Is that the same version that is on the SNES? (i think i read somewhere it was)

Damn Dude that is a great score! :cool: I'd like to see a video of that. I can't even get more than a couple thousand points.

Yep, the Game Boy port of Space Invaders has the full SNES version built into the PCB. It's the only Game Boy cartridge to have a complete and separate SNES game built into it, rather than just having Super Game Boy enhancements to the Game Boy game. Unfortunately I don't own a SNES or a Super Game Boy so I've never been able to try that feature, but it's neat to know that it's there.

I can give you a little tip to improve your scores on this version though! The only thing you really need to know is that as soon as each round starts it is essential you wipe out the two left most vertical columns of Invaders before they reach the left side of the screen and cause all the Invaders to descend one row. Doing this will be buy you lot of time to deal with the rest and make the game vastly easier. With a little practice I made it to Round 15 and got the above high score using this technique. :)

• Like 1

Yep, the Game Boy port of Space Invaders has the full SNES version built into the PCB. It's the only Game Boy cartridge to have a complete and separate SNES game built into it, rather than just having Super Game Boy enhancements to the Game Boy game. Unfortunately I don't own a SNES or a Super Game Boy so I've never been able to try that feature, but it's neat to know that it's there.

I can give you a little tip to improve your scores on this version though! The only thing you really need to know is that as soon as each round starts it is essential you wipe out the two left most vertical columns of Invaders before they reach the left side of the screen and cause all the Invaders to descend one row. Doing this will be buy you lot of time to deal with the rest and make the game vastly easier. With a little practice I made it to Round 15 and got the above high score using this technique. :)

So do you you destroy the left shield to get a better shot or do try to preserve it?

• 3 weeks later...