IGNORED

Good quality scans of P-Box card labels...

Omega-TI

I'll have my peb open this weekend. I'll scan my cards.

When I'm done with the hardware stuff, I'll do all the nice write ups and touch up scans and stuff. (Like the mitsumi kb repairs). My labels appeared to be in good shape if I recall correctly, if not a little discolored. Expect pdfs in about 2 weeks.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

I can scan a P-Code label - it's coming off anyway... I think it makes sense to look at these and perhaps create new labels that reflect mods as well. I have a bunch of disk controllers - two are TI's (Guion mod and the other with switchable 80 track), and a CorComp (no label at all). My other labels look like they have been wet at some point in the past... :/

I think re-creating these is the way to go - my card labels are pretty good but they are 30+ years old now...

pcode cropped

Edited by aftyde
  • Like 5

Of the PBox I'm working on now, my Disk Controller was the only label worth scanning. My 32K memory and Interface Flex Cable labels are all wrinkly.

Perhaps When I'm done I'll unbox my other one and check the cards in there. Depends, I have a lot of work ahead of me today.

Download This >>LRiveraTIDCscans.zip<<for 600dpi scanned TIFF images.

post-47352-0-21153900-1475341179_thumb.jpg

post-47352-0-65563700-1475341195_thumb.jpg

:)

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 1

Thanks to aftyde, I now also have a label for my P-Code card. It is not 100% perfect, as I used HP photo paper and didn´t want to put more effort into it, as that card is hidden in the PEB anyway. ;)

For those of you who don´t know already, for 100% perfect results it would be necessary to vectorize the scan and play around with the picture, I did that for repro stickers for my Nintendo Virtual Boy store kiosk, there I didn´t even have a scan, only photos and the results were pretty good. If you want to do something similar for your TI-99 labels, I mention the basic steps in this video here around 8:09, but it is not a tutorial. Still could be interesting if you want "perfect" labels that look like new:

https://youtu.be/QDChfJb0aLU?t=8m9s

post-26204-0-09116200-1475410793_thumb.jpg

post-26204-0-14025300-1475410803_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Looks fantastic! :) What are the fonts used? I have two TI controllers - one with the Guion mod (adds access to a 4th drive and lower case disk designations. You can have a DSK1 and a dsk1 responding as different drives) and the 80 Track Mod (DSK1 and DSK2 to 80 track and DSK3 to 40 track). I'd like to doctor the label in a manner consistent with your design.

This is not an exact duplicate. It's close, I did what I thought does justice without nitpicking over an exact replica.

I hope you find it acceptable - Hi Res Tif here -->>attachicon.gifDisk Controller_T.zip

attachicon.gifDisk-Controller.png

Looks fantastic! :) What are the fonts used? I have two TI controllers - one with the Guion mod (adds access to a 4th drive and lower case disk designations. You can have a DSK1 and a dsk1 responding as different drives) and the 80 Track Mod (DSK1 and DSK2 to 80 track and DSK3 to 40 track). I'd like to doctor the label in a manner consistent with your design.

Kozuka Gothic Pro was the closest I could match with some alterations (kerning, horizontal scale and a stroke layer style).

LABEL TEMPLATE ATTACHED FOR ALL.

The attached file is my photoshop PSD template. It is labelled Disk Controller because that's the label I first used this template for.

However, it's really just a matter of replacing some words for the next label you need.

It's a big file with too many layers and backup layers, you can save a lot of space by deleting the ORG layer group (original scans) and other layers you will find.

The TI logo and Texas Instruments banner were pulled from the web, I don't know the source, I grabbed them quick from a google image search.

Download this >>Disk Controller.zip<<

• Like 4

Think you can brew up a P-Code card based on my earlier scan - I suck at this... but I did manage to get them to print! Which is sort of a win! New labels for mem, disk, serial and hopefully P-Code.

Don't hold your breath but I'll try to recreate my disk controller label. Doing it in PS right now, super spare time, may do it in illustrator next.

However; Here is a blank disk label to use for your own custom labels.

attachicon.gifBlankLabel.png

Think you can brew up a P-Code card based on my earlier scan - I suck at this... but I did manage to get them to print! Which is sort of a win! New labels for mem, disk, serial and hopefully P-Code.

Here ya go. I left out the serial so anyone can use.

High res tif ->P-CODE.zip

post-47352-0-26933000-1475573988_thumb.png

• Like 2