IGNORED

Mini NES Raspberry Pi project by YT'er DaftMike

NML32

Here's a very cool Mini NES project by YouTuber DaftMike

DaftMike has posted YouTube videos of his project and has published all the stuff needed to 3D print the case and is selling an optional hardware kit.

Another cool feature about this project is he has printed small NES carts with a NFC card that loads the game from the Pi. It gives the appearance that the game is being loaded from a mini cart.

Mini NES with mini Carts

DaftMike's YT channel

Case Files

Anyone have a 3d printer willing to print a few cases and carts? Please!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with the Cube 3 3D printer?

I bought a 3D printer (Cube 3rd gen) in hopes of printing all the parts for the mini NES case but have run in to a small issue printing the top portion of the case.

I attempted to print the top case two times one was a total fail and both have an issue with the exterior walls. The exterior walls are one solid piece of plastic there is a small air gap that makes the wall two thin pieces of plastic.

The one pic that looks mangled was printed in the highest resolution and the other was printed in standard mode. For the most part the mini NES cartridge turned out fine.

I'm printing in PLA, I'm not sure that's the problem. My guess is it's with the way the Cube software is converting the stl file.

post-22122-0-57856500-1475967546_thumb.jpg

post-22122-0-04864900-1475967548_thumb.jpg

post-22122-0-55764400-1475967548_thumb.jpg

post-22122-0-08863000-1475967547_thumb.jpg

post-22122-0-57649800-1475967547_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was finally able to print a decent looking case with modified print files from DaftMike. Files needed to be slightly modified to print on a Cube 3rd generation printer.

I'm just waiting on my electronics kit to arrive so I can finish assembling the rest of the parts.

post-22122-0-43489800-1477263463_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1