IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Ghost Palace v.12a

RSS Bot

I found a typo in the Computer Intro! manual. It's at the end where it lists the Computer Symbols. Look closely at the $. It says "08." It should read "0B". That caused a little problem. Anyway, I got to thinking since it's October I need to start working on Ghost Palace (fka Haunted House) for the Odyssey 2 again. So I got to thinking about the score. Why is it there? While it goes down, it still doesn't add very much to the game. So I decided to make the game harder, I would make all the walls black until you bump into them. Then they light up. The longer you collide with the walls, the longer they stay lit. But there is a drawback to keep on hitting the walls: It costs you 5 points instead of just one now. I debated, and had a version where it was 10. But I decided to make it 5 so you get double the wall hits allowed. Aren't I generous? I figured out that putting the grid to black blacks out the grid instead of making it gray like it does the characters. (Yeah, set the character color to Black and it shows up Gray. Go figure.) So I think that memorization of the rooms layout and where the walls are now plays a bigger role in the game. Only 30 more days until Halloween.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13331-ghost-palace-v12a/