Photo

SoulStar, interest and pricing poll.

238 replies to this topic

Poll: SoulStar. Interest & pricing poll. (158 member(s) have cast votes)

How much?

1. Not interested. (10 votes [6.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.33%

2. £20 (20 votes [12.66%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.66%

3. £30 (49 votes [31.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.01%

4. £40 (45 votes [28.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.48%

5. Maybe more. (34 votes [21.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#226 UHATEIT OFFLINE  

UHATEIT

Dragonstomper

• 644 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:00 AM

Soulstar is is favorite Sega CD game. Would be excellent to have a complete version for the Jag. I have that 1 level partial version and it's still awesome!

#227 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 4,608 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 AM

Soulstar is is favorite Sega CD game. Would be excellent to have a complete version for the Jag. I have that 1 level partial version and it's still awesome!

Same.  This game would make a great addition to the Jaguars library.  Really solid game-play and would be pretty unique look on the platform. 

#228 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 6,280 posts

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:31 AM

Same.  This game would make a great addition to the Jaguars library.  Really solid game-play would be pretty unique look on the platform. 

Misread your post as this. :)

#229 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,867 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:11 PM

Thank you for your response. I assume you are being asked this a lot: But can you give us any status? Like "its 7/8/90%" done or which issues need to be fixed or if there is any timeframe? This is one of the games that almost made me buy a SegaCD back then - and I opted for the Jag. 

Somewhere in the 90% range.

The code has been patched extensively, the loader has been reworked, the corrupted data has been repaired, the stream errors in the videos have been patched out, trainers have been added and it will play 100% all the way to the end, regardless of which path you take.

It needs spot work on the video frames to clean them up, and it needs reworking to get into a release ready state.

As Neo-RG said, it isn't his top priority, and it isn't mine either. It will get there, but no time frames on it.

I will say one thing though, there is not a fully working version online elsewhere, and anyone claiming to have one are not being honest and just aiming for your wallet.  The code was broken, unfinished and needed fixing.  There is no way anyone out there has a fully working copy, despite how many baseless claims they will make to the contrary, so don't waste your cash on them.

#230 doctor_shred OFFLINE  

doctor_shred

Chopper Commander

• 129 posts

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:18 AM

This is a game I will by, CD or cart once it's completed.  Keep up the good work.

#231 82-T/A OFFLINE  

82-T/A

River Patroller

• 4,683 posts

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:16 PM

Somewhere in the 90% range.

The code has been patched extensively, the loader has been reworked, the corrupted data has been repaired, the stream errors in the videos have been patched out, trainers have been added and it will play 100% all the way to the end, regardless of which path you take.

It needs spot work on the video frames to clean them up, and it needs reworking to get into a release ready state.

As Neo-RG said, it isn't his top priority, and it isn't mine either. It will get there, but no time frames on it.

I will say one thing though, there is not a fully working version online elsewhere, and anyone claiming to have one are not being honest and just aiming for your wallet.  The code was broken, unfinished and needed fixing.  There is no way anyone out there has a fully working copy, despite how many baseless claims they will make to the contrary, so don't waste your cash on them.

You know, if this was from WAVE-1 Games, it would have been released a long time ago already...

#232 steve-vx OFFLINE  

steve-vx

Star Raider

• 62 posts

Posted Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:58 AM

Sounds good. Thanks for the update CJ!

#233 marcio_napoli OFFLINE  

marcio_napoli

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Tue May 7, 2019 5:54 PM

CJ and neo_rg, thanks a ton for keeping this project alive.

When I started my thread about hope for new A+ Jag games, this is what I was talking about.  Even better, this is an A++++++++++++++ game.

I know you can't predict a release date, but please give us this essential information: is it going to be cart or CD?  

If cart, consider me in the buyers list on day 1, no matter when you'll release it.

#234 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

RAPTOR Wrangler

• 5,867 posts
  • reBOOTed

Posted Tue May 7, 2019 6:00 PM

I know you can't predict a release date, but please give us this essential information: is it going to be cart or CD?  

I've gone on the record regarding my absolute, unconditional love for the Jaguar CD.

#235 marcio_napoli OFFLINE  

marcio_napoli

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Tue May 7, 2019 6:44 PM

Oh, that's my answer right there, unfortunately my chances of owning a Jag CD is next to none.

I had high hopes because Neo-rg hinted a while back there would be a cart version, oh well... 

#236 steve-vx OFFLINE  

steve-vx

Star Raider

• 62 posts

Posted Tue May 7, 2019 10:18 PM

I would buy both the CD and cart

#237 Gummy Bear OFFLINE  

Gummy Bear

Dragonstomper

• 882 posts

Posted Tue May 7, 2019 11:08 PM

I would buy the cart.