IGNORED

f18a enhanced sprites on colecovision

digress

I updated the video in the first post with all the sprites and some new tiles. Tiles are only partial redone.

Why am I doing this?

Basically ran out of room for music and stuff in first version so I wanted to improve a couple of things as well. So this would be 128kb

Needed to figure out how to upgrade to f18a and this project was perfect for an upgrade. Not sure if I'll make this available or not but just in case I'm putting in the original version as well on the same cart so it'll play on either system. I think this is the way to go with anything for f18a so you have the option.

• Like 2

It's really great to see you enhancing Mr. Turtle to take advantage of the F-18's features. If it ends up that you don't make a cartridge release, how about a rom release with a PDF manual? A lot of use would be glad to purchase this to show our support for you and all your efforts.

Yeah that might be a good idea. I didn't want to just do a few test screens which were pointless and I did need to figure out the f18a capabilities and it really helped to rework the graphic here. Now I can apply them better to the other game. With the game already out there in the first version there wouldn't be much interest to support a whole new box.

I think a rom version with pdf makes sense if I finish it up . It would be a shame not to make it available. So I probably will make that option available.

Course, i did make this box a while back so I could add a surfing scene to justify it.

Mr Turtle Alt version Front

Mr Turtle Alt version Back

Mr Turtle Alt Label

It's really great to see you enhancing Mr. Turtle to take advantage of the F-18's features. If it ends up that you don't make a cartridge release, how about a rom release with a PDF manual? A lot of use would be glad to purchase this to show our support for you and all your efforts.

• Like 2

now the tanks... and just the soldiers recolour to do next. The original coleco version is also still here as well.

I'm posting this stuff to keep me motivated to finish, show the stuff and make sure i'm meeting my own milestones. So 1 more section to recolour then it should be complete.

Anyone else got any f18a stuff to show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-brCrR8-Lg&feature=youtu.be

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I had to put it away for a month as I was working on another day job project. Was back at this project the past few days fixing anything & everything. about 99.9 complete. Should have an update soon. I did make a regular box for it.

Did you have any update on the F18a version of Mr. Turtle, whether to do another box run or to sell the rom. I am looking forward to it and Tank Mission and buy both when available. Thanks again for taking the time to implement the F18a enhancements.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Thanks, f18a is pretty cool. We are working to release some new f18a games soon. Also opcode has released a few games recently that also support it. It seems to be the way to go.

Also an firmware updater may be available in the near future so you can update the onboard firmware to the lastest version from within a colecovision without have to take it apart.

This is some impressive work! Great exploitation of the F18A and kudos to the programmer!

• Like 3