IGNORED

Official Custodian for Atari Jaguar Thread

PikoInteractive

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool, I was wondering when someone was going to make new boards using modern chips instead of relying on sourcing EPROMs. I believe Another World did this as well just based on how much lighter the cart is.

I remember hearing about a difference between the 1st and 2nd run of Another World, but I don't want to pop open my copy to see what that is lol

Edited by ChaosCX

is it just me or are these chips 4 meg each (acording to my eprom programmer software they are) giving a total of 8 meg for rom storage, so it brings the question, how large is the rom??

I also want to know this. I was just talking about the possibility of higher than 4MB carts. I was told 6 MB was the largest the Jaguar can support and nobody has ever tried anything higher than 4 MB

Edited by Jeffrey_Bones

Oh I forgot you mentioned that Alice's Mom's Rescue was a 6 MB rom initially.

Still curious about the possibility of this board we see here from Piko being 8 MB.

Since they are already taking orders and shipping out soon I'm assuming they have already tested these and if they are 2 4MB rom chips is the image over 4 MB?

The thing about shells; we are using for this release original Atari Licensed shells from an official distributor. The license to use those shells has been paid off back in the day. Using clear shells (I think they still have the Atari Brand) would not be ok because those were made recently without Atari license.

So in the future when the shells are available with no atari logo from vendors we will definitely do it.

Unless Albert sells me the mold and I move them close to where I live, then I could make the changes and have more of this stuff available. =D

Regarding the chips - the board is compatible with the PSOP44 chips for 16Mbit AND 32Mbit. Still I we have to split the roms in 16Mbit chunks to get it to run (couldn't figure out how to make it work with a single 32Mbit file). So these 32Mbit were use because I have a ton in stock (because I use them for SNES and Genesis as well). But will also go with cheaper options like 16Mbit ones which I will stock soon.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 2

Why am I the only one looking at 3D printing as an option for creating the shells? Its much more cost effective you dont need molds (just a 3d scanner) and there are plenty sturdy filaments out there. I think there are even clear options. Just scan a non-atari logo shell and go from there. You would of course have to buy the screws

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had never heard of Custodian before. I watched the game play demo video but I really couldn't figure out what is going on. I googled and found some gameplay videos of the original ST version. Then I found some information on Atarimania. http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-st-custodian_9033.html

Does anyone know where I might find an original instruction manual or a writeup of the gameplay? I think if I can understand the game first, the videos might make more sense to me.

edit: I just found this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-st/custodian

but Not much info there about game play. Still looking for write up/instructions for gameplay.

I found this, again not much there. http://hownow.tk/game/24820/custodian/