IGNORED

Chicago TI International World Faire

Airshack

Is the Chicago Faire always in October? Is there a mailing list to join, for when announcements are made for 2018's?

It is not always in October. In fact, it has been around the first weekend in November the last few years and I think Hal Shanafield (the Faire's organizer) said it will be November 10 next year. The problem with scheduling is usually Northwestern's football schedule. If there is a big game in town, there are no places to stay in Evanston.

...lee

• 4 months later...

I'll throw this out again, it might stick one year. Charge people something like $20 admission and use the money to rent a conference room at a hotel. You could probably also get a block-rate since everyone coming from out of town have to get rooms anyway. We could get access Friday night for setup and anyone who wanted to start early. Then we would have all day on Saturday, 8am to 8pm or later. No interruptions, no other groups sharing the room, no shutting down at 4:30pm, etc. For a bonus, charge a little more (or maybe not necessary, depends on the number of people), and have the room until something like noon on Sunday too.

I would easily pay $30 or $40 for attendance to a retro-computer event that started Friday night and went all day Saturday and possibly half a day on Sunday. Some people travel literally thousands of miles to come, and the current one-day limited-hours event is way too short.

Just my opinion.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

OK, I just realized there are two Hilton's in close proximity to the library, and the Friday meeting place is at the Hilton on 1818 Maple Avenue.

Where is the dinner gathering Friday night? Was trying to get some bearings on walking routes, etc. so I do not get mixed up like I did two years ago.

Two years ago, I go back to my motel several miles away to discover they had packed up all my belongings as they had cancelled my reservation because they thought I was a no-show. Why they thought I was a no-show when my belongs were in the room,......who knows. Desk clerk must have been smoking something.

Beery

• Like 4

OK, I just realized there are two Hilton's in close proximity to the library, and the Friday meeting place is at the Hilton on 1818 Maple Avenue.

Where is the dinner gathering Friday night? Was trying to get some bearings on walking routes, etc. so I do not get mixed up like I did two years ago.

Two years ago, I go back to my motel several miles away to discover they had packed up all my belongings as they had cancelled my reservation because they thought I was a no-show. Why they thought I was a no-show when my belongs were in the room,......who knows. Desk clerk must have been smoking something.

Beery

Well—Nevin’s Pub is gone and, to my knowledge, Hal has not yet chosen another venue for the Friday night gathering. I will poke Hal by email in a bit to see what’s up.

...lee

• 4 weeks later...

I will be at the Chicago Faire (as usual) and will have my entire EPROM inventory with me. As a special for the Faire, a special price of $5 per chip will be in effect.

Atrax,

If you have them to spare, I would be interested in 4 blank/erased EPROM's for the Geneve. I have a burner, but my eraser is without a power cord and my first attempt to buy an eraser through Ebay resulted in a non-delivery.

If by chance someone had an eraser willing to sell and wanted to bring it to the Faire, I would be interested.

If I have time over the holidays or this winter, I may explore some kind of modification to the Eprom.... just playing around.

Beery

• Like 2