IGNORED

Chicago TI International World Faire

Airshack

Hal said that the Friday night venue “will be at the restaurant in the Holiday Inn, right across the street from where Tommy Nevin's used to be. Happy Hour is 5 to 7, and the place is quiet enough so that we can talk and be heard. It will start around 5:30 p.m.”

...lee

[EDIT: Address of Holiday Inn mentioned above is 1501 Sherman Ave, Evanston, IL 60201]

• Like 1

Snow is forecast for Thursday night, 40s on Friday, and 30s for the weekend.

For those who will be attending the Friday day-before gathering and wish to attend the Friday dinner for the Faire, as the Hilton Garden is several blocks away from the dinner venue I will have a nicely-sized SUV (free upgrades ftw!) and am offering a ride to dinner.

I have never attended a Friday dinner so I do not know for how long they normally go, but I will need to return to the HGI within a few hours if only to close down the room. (I honestly suspect that so long as we clean up nicely and they can turn it quickly for the next group, 11pm is not concrete, but we shall see.)

Usually the dinner is 2-3 hrs then most people retire. Plenty of time to go back and pack up. One question: will the room be secure while we're at the dinner or should we consider taking the equipment out before leaving?

I will inquire first thing in the morning.

I had a truly great time at this two day, separate but connected, affiliated, yet unaffiliated, event between the CHI Friday event and the Faire. Friday was amazing, as we had some great times hacking, troubleshooting, and fellowshipping (word?) with one another over a bunch of TI gear. **Personally, I found Friday to be extremely rewarding and I got to know some of my fellow 99ers a lot better.

Saturday at the Faire was what it has always been. Excellent demonstrations done by some very knowledgeable people, a pseudo-swap meet on the back tables, and a good day to appreciate new developments in the community.

The AV recording and streaming was much improved this year--as many of you got to experience the demonstrations through the live stream. It was a good year, and a step in the right direction for this event and for our group.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that while many of you weren't there, you were there in spirit, and we were glad you were there too. Thanks to all those who contributed to the weekend. These are special times, and I'm glad to be in this community.

• Like 8

Good night, all! I want to take a second to offer my deep and sincere apologies to everyone on the bar crawl for my abrupt departure. I have enjoyed the last two days getting to hang out with everyone. Truth told, this is the only time of the year I have the opportunity to spend time with people who are "on my level," so to speak. I do not have anyone back home who is into this kind of thing so it often gets very lonely and very difficult to stay motivated, especially with the many distractions life has to offer.

This weekend has been exhausting, but in a good way and I will be getting some rest tonight. I was able to get an important tool done up today during the Faire to help me with my game (you can see me giving my work stern looks in the photos above while listening to the excellent demonstrations today.) I hope to see everyone again next year.

• Like 8