IGNORED

new batch of 7800 games coming to the AA store

RevEng

Shame on me, this is long overdue. What is shown first is a playthrough with 2 players alternating under Classic Mode turned off, then it is followed by another playthrough with Classic Mode turned on. I'm not the greatest player, so overall game difficulty set to easy, Difficulty Switches set for no additional barriers and players 1 and 2 share the same set of balloons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfSPOT6KzFQ

*EDIT: Oops, almost forgot...Classic Mode Off also has Refill set to "All" instead of "Row" (Which is configured for Classic Mode turned on), so the boss is encountered after clearing the board of balloons.

Why you no use paddles? :???:

I might add, that AtariAge logo for the final boss, is well, boss! :grin:

• Like 3

Why you no use paddles? :???:

Same reason I just posted the T:ME Salvo video without speech (An AtariVox connected) and without utilizing a (arguably) superior 2-Stick setup.

Both games, even with 'standard/base' hardware, are excellent to experience and the playability is still outstanding; both are highly enjoyable.

Add paddles to Super Circus AtariAge, and an AtariVox or/and 2-Stick setup for T:ME Salvo, and the games shine even more. ;)

• Like 1

Hopefully you don't rely solely on the dwindling amount of unused POKEY Chips, and Atari 7800 BallBlazer&Commando carts. You could also use 800XL, 600XL, 65XE, and maybe also 4-port 5200 POKEYS' as well. Just saying.

I hope not, unless they are non-working scrapped for parts units. Not enough of those to go around really. Ballblazers are already drying up in the wild, and sometime soon in the near future, Hokeys will be available.

Remember, you can't drop in a Hokey into an 8-bit computer, 5200, or arcade board that uses them, if it needs the I/O features in addition to the audio output. Hokeys are only good for audio generation.

• Like 1

Hopefully you don't rely solely on the dwindling amount of unused POKEY Chips, and Atari 7800 BallBlazer&Commando carts. You could also use 800XL, 600XL, 65XE, and maybe also 4-port 5200 POKEYS' as well. Just saying.

No, I would never salvage POKEY chips from working 8-bit computers or 5200s.

..Al

• Like 8

Regarding Froggie.

I don't know if both TIA and POKEY versions will be done, but I have been trying to help with the TIA Froggie music .

I did this quick SID to TIA conversion to show there doesn't need to be horrible out-of-tune notes.

Schmutzpuppy has made some changes that sound much better, but it is all him.

Some problems are that we speak different languages, and I know 2600 and nothing about 7800.

I can not change and test his code.

I don't have his source code anyway.

I tried to stress the main tune and the Level Clear tune are most memorable.

This 2600 music shows how it could sound. After the 3rd tune it gets weird.

As I said this was a quick conversion to demonstrate.

The TIA is far from POKEY, but good enough if used carefully.

frogger_TIA_Sound4_NTSC.bin

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...