IGNORED

Atari vs Sears

simbalion

This covers both the six and four switch models. Which version of the 2600 do you like the best, Atari or Sears?

I find myself liking the Sears Telegames versions of the six and four switch consoles. That silver trim along with the different wood grain and green lettering always seems to make the Sears systems stand out in my collection. Nothing against the regular Atari offerings, I just like the looks of the Sears models. :)

• Like 1

I like them both as well.

My favorites are: An Atari Light Sixer w A/V and S-Video mod and a pause button...I think it may have been put together with various parts though, because as I recall it has a Sunnyvale sticker and a Sears sticker on the base but is not a Heavy Sixer. And my other favorite is a Sears Video Arcade II w A/V and S-Video mods as well...

As long as it's from the old days, it's fine, but I have a hard time supporting actual Sear's nowadays because they screwed me over on a lawn mower warranty that they basically refused to honor...I took a mower in 11 times for repair and they still wouldn't give me a new one, despite many claims that they would, so I traded it in at a local shop last year and haven't gone back to Sears/Kmart since...

• Like 1

As long as it's from the old days, it's fine, but I have a hard time supporting actual Sear's nowadays because they screwed me over on a lawn mower warranty that they basically refused to honor...I took a mower in 11 times for repair and they still wouldn't give me a new one, despite many claims that they would, so I traded it in at a local shop last year and haven't gone back to Sears/Kmart since...

That sounds a lot like the last experience that I had with Sears, 5 years or so back. I bought an engagement ring from them for no small amount of money but the ring ended up being incorrectly sized when I went to give it to the missy. Not my fault mind you, I knew her size when I bought it, but Sears packaged up and sold me the wrong one. Anyway, I took the ring back to the store to return it and the Sears rep said that I had to mail it in to their return center if I wanted to return it. So I did, but a week passed after the USPS package tracking showed that they had received it and I still hadn't gotten a refund. I called up the return center to ask about it and they said they'd refund me right away. Another week passed with no refund so I called again, and once more they said they'd refund me right away. Yet another week passed with no refund so I called once again, and this time they claimed that they never received the package I sent in so they couldn't refund me; even though the USPS tracking number said otherwise. At that point I had to file a claim against Sears with my bank and explain what happened to a banker to finally get my money back.

Needless to say I will never do business with Sears again, but some of their in house branded Atari systems do still look pretty cool.

Edited by Jin
  • Like 2

I personally find the Sears version very nice, but I really don't like the "led segment" font of Tele-Games !

But if you want to have the illusion of having a Sears from an Atari, just leave the Space Shuttle cardboard panel on ;)

constv12.jpg

Edited by Cambouis de l'Atari
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...