Flappy Mcfur Homebrew Now Available to Order

homebrew bitjag

146 replies to this topic

#26 SebRmv OFFLINE  

SebRmv

Moonsweeper

• 303 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:50 AM

Congratulations guys! Happy to see that my libs are usable by anyone else than me :D

Edited by SebRmv, Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:50 AM.

#27 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 6,729 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:41 AM

I'm kind of torn on buying this.  On one hand, the production values and in-game artwork look great!  

On the other, though.... it's $45 US plus another $20 shipping to Canada.  $65 US is something like $90 CND - and as good as this looks, I can't imagine I'm going to get much more gameplay out of it than 10 minutes here and there.  It's hard for me to justify the cash layout...

#28 crusherbad64 OFFLINE  

crusherbad64

Star Raider

• 51 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:51 AM

I just ordered! Can't wait to try this and add this to my complete collection and I'll make a video out of this on my channel.

#29 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:20 AM

I'm kind of torn on buying this.  On one hand, the production values and in-game artwork look great!  

On the other, though.... it's $45 US plus another $20 shipping to Canada.  $65 US is something like $90 CND - and as good as this looks, I can't imagine I'm going to get much more gameplay out of it than 10 minutes here and there.  It's hard for me to justify the cash layout...

Get it now or regret it when it's $300 on EBay in a year :)

#30 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 647 posts
  • The key is in the skull.

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:38 PM

Get it now or regret it when it's $300 on EBay in a year :)

And thats the price of the game burned to CDR!

#31 rayik OFFLINE  

rayik

Moonsweeper

• 347 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:48 PM

No disrespect intended, but why other than as a collector item? Really, to play Flappy Bird when you can already do that on other devices. Is the Jag going to end up turning into the Inty scene?

#32 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 647 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:01 PM

No disrespect intended, but why other than as a collector item? Really, to play Flappy Bird when you can already do that on other devices. Is the Jag going to end up turning into the Inty scene?

Unique artwork and supporting its release for possible future titles is reason enough for me.

#33 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:39 PM

And thats the price of the game burned to CDR!

I'm sure kevincal is readying his EBay store for the release.

#34 lachoneus OFFLINE  

lachoneus

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 191 posts

Posted Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:26 PM

Small update and a little (gif)t.

Printing will begin this coming Monday, thanks to everyone that has ordered.  Thank you all so much.  We have begun to burn EPROMs, and are hoping to start getting an assembly line to get them on PCB's and in shells within the next week or two.

Painted this the other night at a party.  Did McFur's movment digitally.  Most people didn't even know what a Jag"Wire" was...  :grin:

McFur_Pumpkin.gif

#35 Guitari OFFLINE  

Guitari

Stargunner

• 1,594 posts

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:04 PM

Ordered and paid :)

#36 scobb OFFLINE  

scobb

Moonsweeper

• 298 posts

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:49 PM

Ordered!

Thanks,

Scott

#37 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Dragonstomper

• 607 posts

Posted Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:12 PM

Not really a fan of the iPhone type display, but will likely order anyways

#38 Trooper Galactus OFFLINE  

Trooper Galactus

Moonsweeper

• 356 posts

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:09 PM

I think it's a pretty reasonable price for the full package!  Ordered!

#39 neomegatronic OFFLINE  

neomegatronic

Combat Commando

• 9 posts

Posted Sun Nov 6, 2016 1:08 AM

I think it is a good job. Ordered!

#40 lachoneus OFFLINE  

lachoneus

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 191 posts

Posted Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:30 PM

An update for those who have purchased or are interested in seeing cardboard and plastic in still photography.  With Inktober out of the way, we were finally able to get a finished unit put together.

The printing is now finished, and we have assembled our first complete unit.  The local company that we printed with was absolutely awesome, accommodating, and loved the fact that they could be apart of releasing a game for the Jag.  The die cut box looks feels very close to an officially released game and gives me tingles all over when I hold it.  We had a die cut made for the white insert, to get a better price than what is available online, and to improve on the design slightly.  Unless you were paying really close attention, most people won't even know the difference between the new insert and an original insert.  Also, there is a nice full color manual and another small surprise that you will get when you open the box for yourself.  For those that got collector's bundles, we are very satisfied with the art prints, and we hope you will be as well.

flappy_mcfur_first_copy.jpg

The current plan is to finish up at least 25 units and get them shipped by the weekend.  If we wake up a bit earlier in the morning, we may be able to get a few more than 25 done this week.  We are hopping to get all current orders out within the next 2-3 weeks.  If you haven't ordered already, we will have plenty in stock, and we will make sure that we get yours shipped out during the next few weeks as well.

As a final note, for anyone who has purchased Will's Inktober 2016 Atari Propaganda art prints, printing for those is starting this week, and will begin shipping sometime next week, with your copy of Flappy McFur.

While we are here, we would like to thank everyone for all the support so far.  Those who purchased and the positive comments here and on social media mean allot to us, and fit well with the good feelings we hope the game brings as an experience.  We forgot to put this in our announcement post and we apologize for it, but we also want to thank those who run Atari Age for providing this awesome platform where all of us can share in what we love.  

Thank you all for this awesome experience and we will drop by again soon!

#41 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:35 PM

Looks great, pretty cool you went through the trouble of having the insert re-designed as well. The original ones don't seem to hold up quite as well as you'd want.

#42 KidGameR186496 OFFLINE  

KidGameR186496

Dragonstomper

• 504 posts

Posted Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:47 PM

Serioulsy,it looks great. Great Job guys.

#43 bmx OFFLINE  

bmx

Chopper Commander

• 215 posts

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:49 AM

I got no confirmation of my order yet, do anybody has a contact (other then the email on the blog) from the seller? 

#44 LianneJaguar64 OFFLINE  

LianneJaguar64

Moonsweeper

• 467 posts

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:55 AM

I'll be buying a copy for sure! Great to see BitJag releasing a physical game!

#45 lachoneus OFFLINE  

lachoneus

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 191 posts

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:26 AM

I got no confirmation of my order yet, do anybody has a contact (other then the email on the blog) from the seller?

PM sent.

#46 bmx OFFLINE  

bmx

Chopper Commander

• 215 posts

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:09 AM

PM sent.

Thanks, looking forward to the game. :) 

#47 Stage_1_Boss OFFLINE  

Stage_1_Boss

Dragonstomper

• 647 posts

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:50 AM

Ordered another of the Jaguar prints, dig the artstyle. = ) Looking forward to whatever Jaguar project might be taking off next!

#48 crusherbad64 OFFLINE  

crusherbad64

Star Raider

• 51 posts

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:33 PM

Just a question I just thought of. The plastic bag I saw in the picture to cover the cartridge, where did you get those at? Thanks.

#49 lachoneus OFFLINE  

lachoneus

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 191 posts

Posted Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 PM

Just a question I just thought of. The plastic bag I saw in the picture to cover the cartridge, where did you get those at? Thanks.

Amazon

#50 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,494 posts

Posted Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:55 PM

Earlier today I got email confirmation that my cart has shipped. Looking forward to checking it out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homebrew, bitjag

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users