IGNORED

HSC13 R17: Zaxxon + Bonus: Rain of Terror

The Ron Fortier classic Zaxxon is next up for the HSC treatment :)

zaxxon.png

Tricky at first but after a few goes you should learn where to position your ship using the height bars. I thought this had been played here before but can't find it :ponder:

MAKE SURE YOU ARE PLAYING THE DISK VERSION - IT HAS THE UNDERGROUND MISSILE THINGS SHOWN ON TH SCREENSHOT ABOVE (SEGA LOADING SCREEN)

Download Fandal - XEX or atarionline.pl - various ATR & XEXs

Info Atarimania

Scoring Standard HSC points.

Bonus Challenges see Post 16

Round ends Sunday 6th November 10am UK time.

Zaxxon Hints on Post 29 ;-)

Bonus game Rain of Terror post a score on the R.o.T. HSC thread on the main forum for a bonus point or two and you might even win a boxed copy. This was my favourite game from this year apart from my own of course :grin: It needs paddles (or mouse emulation).

Please support the abbuc games and give some feedback - people spend a lot of time on these, release them and no one says anything :sleep: even if you don't like a game, say why and suggest some improvements. Rant over :D

Thanks guys :)

Round 18 will be a poll selected from Red Thunder's list plus a season catch-up for any missed rounds and a chance to improve your scores.

• Like 1

Let's play your game as well !

Or are you waiting for a different round ?

Thanks devwebcl. I'm still working on the final version of Space Fortress Omega so don't plan to release the abbuc version - but if any abbuc members want to post a score for it sure I'd like to see them :)

Zaxxon 10,800 12,300 13,200 then after a bunch of similar goes 42,350 got through twice - found it best to get through the gaps by looking at where the shots go and making adjustments rather than making notes/memory and using the gauge :)

• Like 1

Thanks devwebcl. I'm still working on the final version of Space Fortress Omega so don't plan to release the abbuc version - but if any abbuc members want to post a score for it sure I'd like to see them :)

Zaxxon 10,800 12,300 13,200 then after a bunch of similar goes 42,350 got through twice - found it best to get through the gaps by looking at where the shots go and making adjustments rather than making notes/memory and using the gauge :)

Ok. I saw several abbuc games being released.

In the other hand, I've tried several times to become a abbuc member, but I haven't got any response.

Ok. I saw several abbuc games being released.

In the other hand, I've tried several times to become a abbuc member, but I haven't got any response.

I'm sure Bunsen will see this post and be able to advise you :)

Zaxxon 6600 tough game

I remember why I didn't like this game... I can't calculate the 3D effect when I am in outer space...

See my comments on the 5th post - keep firing and look for the bullets going through - little taps to adjust. There are only about 5 force fields and there isn't much else to the game in terms of length so once you've made it once you'll soon be going round it several times. The end guy is fairly easy too. Super Zaxxon is better but Zaxxon is ok :)

Well what do you know? Turns out I never played the full "disk" version - it's a lot tougher and better, especially the flying ships stage. I wonder if my transdisk ver is even a released version? It has the blue screen white text loading screen.

got to the boss guy but now he's not so easy! Did manage to get a 1000pt bonus on the ships stage on one go. [now beat him but less overall score as only 200pt bonus]

This round should be wide open for anyone who puts the time in :)

p.s. anyone wanting to see what to do download the Zaxxon Demo from atarionline.pl It plays itself!!

30,800 defeated one boss.

On the 2nd level I'd say the planes are faster and the fuel runs out more quickly :ponder:

I've added a couple of bonus point challenges:

• 1pt for everyone outside the top 3 in the current standings for completing the first level.
  • 1pt for the player with the most levels completed

(you might want to alter your tactic for these!)

I'm enjoying Zaxxon's rawness. I think when you seem to die for no reason there is a shot from a far away baddie in your stream of fire... though the collisions seem pretty dodgy :)

First Tables

Zaxxon

1st therealbountybob (p) 30,800 12pts
2nd RedThunder (n) 25,000 12pts*
3rd Deteacher (n) 22,800 11pts*
4th erichenneke (n) 21,700 9pts
5th McKong (p) 15,100 8pts*
6th devwebcl (n) 9,550 7pts
*includes bonus point for completing 1st robot guy (not top 3 in current standings)

# bonus for most robot's destroyed (if more than 1!)

Bonus Game: Rain of Terror
1st therealbountybob (p) 331,000 5pts
2nd Deteacher (n) 306,750 4pts
3rd McKong (p) 197,750 3pts
4th RedThunder (n) 103,500 2pts
5th CharlieChaplin (p) 49,500 1pt

Round 18 Poll OPEN

:)

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 2

Zaxxon: 62700 (3 robots down)

Good score Dope :thumbsup: Do you have any thoughts on the mysterious deaths on the first part - they seem to be when you are destroying something perhaps when moving right - they do seem consistent but it's probably just poor coding?

Killed 2 robots 37,500 - learning to survive more helps; and by survive I mean chickening out on the planes' stage :)

Latest Tables

Zaxxon

1st Dope (n) 62,700 13pts#(3)

2nd therealbountybob (p) 37,500 11pts
3rd Lord Thag (n) 30,500 11pts*
4th RedThunder (n) 25,000 10pts*
5th Deteacher (n) 22,800 9pts*
6th erichenneke (n) 21,700 7pts
7th McKong (p) 15,100 6pts
8th devwebcl (n) 9,550 5pts
*includes bonus point for completing 1st robot guy (not top 3 in current standings)

# bonus for most robot's destroyed (if more than 1!)

Bonus Game: Rain of Terror

1st Deteacher (n) 390,500 6pts
2nd Bunsen (p) 387,000 5pts
3rd therealbountybob (p) 331,000 4pts
4th McKong (p) 197,750 3pts
5th RedThunder (n) 103,500 2pts
6th CharlieChaplin 49,500 1pt

Round 18 Poll OPEN

Not a big fan of this. The collision detection is not well done.

:thumbsup: Though it does seem consistent... consistently bad! Perhaps we can adapt and play around it - not hopping over that wall on the right and shooting both things etc :)

Improved on RoT: 412,500!​ Made it to Mission 10!

​This time, I played on real hardware...and I like it even more. Gonna have to try some more later.

Great score :thumbsup: I've been playing but not improved. What's nice with the paddles you can sit back from the screen.

Did improved on Zaxxon 40,800 with 2 robots obliterated - remember guys the HSc bonus is for most robots destroyed (1000pts), not just their missiles (200pts). My tactics are improving so I'm going to make an effort to give Dope a contest here ;)