IGNORED

Can't find this game online: "Spider."

CZroe

I made a list of all 2600 VCS games I could find and started checking these off but could not find one of them:

4f9854b7454657955614d5ef24ef0306.jpg

"Spider"

...not Spider-Man, not Spider Fighter, not Spider Maze, not Spider-droid, just "Spider" according to the end label.

I can't check the front yet because I blew all my money on the guy's NES stuff instead and I wasn't sure which of his Atari games I already owned. I was doing all this in preparation to go back when I realized that this game doesn't seem to exist. I checked eBay, Google, Wikipedia, and a few other places and I just don't see it anywhere. What the heck is "Spider?"

He made it sound like it was his personal collection from his childhood but there are two consoles and up to three dupes of some titles so I doubt it. It does look a bit smaller than some other titles but it doesn't look as small as Atari 8-bit PC game carts.

Edited by CZroe
  • Like 1

OK, I couldn't browse the AtariAge site from Tapatalk but I see that it is shown there. Rarity has a "?" on it. The guy's entire lot with two 4-switch wood grain consoles (one Sears model) and the organizer is $200 and I don't have that much. If he's not willing to split it up would a title like that make the lot worth it? These are the titles he has that I know I don't already have:

Spider

Armor Ambush

Breakout

Kangaroo

Lost Luggage

Mouse Trap

Night Driver

Othello

Outlaw

Riddle of the Sphinx

Space War

Star Raiders

Super Breakout

Surround

Tac-Scan

Video Olympics

Word Zapper

I also already have two 4-switches and a Vader (no Sears). I really only want to factor the value of what I don't have.

caf1e6c209826d9a65678e6c5ab28a4e.jpg

0ceb0b888bbb43f92aa107310694f847.jpg

There were more games I couldn't see with my camera (under the edge of the organizer).

Edited by CZroe

Thanks. Without a ROM dump or any attributed sources, how can we be sure that it is the same as those other titles listed? Was this publisher known for publishing counterfeits of other games? Thanks again.

Edit: the screenshot on the back doesn't match what I see in Spider Fighter, Spider Kong, or Space Tunnel, but do match what I see for Spacemaster X-7. Guess it is a clone/counterfeit but their "other versions" list can't be totally trusted.

Edited by CZroe

Yes, it can.

All versions on this page are the same game as SpaceMaster X-7.

8)

Not "Spider Fighter" or "Spider Kong," which were the first I had checked when I posted that (they had the most similar names). Not "Space Tunnel" either. I don't know why they are associated as an "other version with a different title" when they clearly are not the same game (title or gameplay).

It obviously helped me identify it as Spacemaster X-7, so it was reliable enough to be useful, just not TOTALLY reliable. ;)

Edited by CZroe

Not "Spider Fighter" or "Spider Kong," which were the first I had checked when I posted that (they had the most similar names). Not "Space Tunnel" either. I don't know why they are associated as an "other version with a different title" when they clearly are not the same game (title or gameplay).

It obviously helped me identify it as Spacemaster X-7, so it was reliable enough to be useful, just not TOTALLY reliable. ;)

I'm not talking about the original Spider Fighter and Spider Kong.

These are ofcourse different games than SpaceMaster X-7.

But this Spider Fighter is the same game as SpaceMaster X-7.

http://www.atarimania.com/game-spider-fighter_s20454.html

And this Spider Kong is the same game as SpaceMaster X-7:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-spider-kong_s14925.html

Same goes for all the other versions mentioned on the page.

Hence: reliable

8)